Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

South Seas Neon Clock - great price ... Dec 8 only?

Pages: 1 2 replies

I

I am a fan of a website called graveyardmall.com, that sells overstocked and remaindered items. They send out an e-mail called Deal of the Day, where their discounted prices are further discounted - but usually for only one day.

Today's deal of the day (for Saturday, Dec. 8th) features thirteen different vintage looking neon clocks. Of special interest to us is this South Seas Club sign, offered for only $15, plus an additional $5 for shipping. The sign is 15" by 11.5", made of tin, and has a somewhat 3-D look to it.

Prices for these item may go up slightly after Dec. 8th, and because it is overstock, there is a possibility of the item selling out. A quick web search showed a similar clock being offered on ebay for $30 (including shipping) and another site selling the sign for for $60

There are a variety of other vintage styles being offered at this price - a couple of 50's Flamingo motel designs (I already own one of these, and am very happy with this), and a rainbow trout lodge and a Key Largo Club (with parrots) in case you have friends who live the North Woods or Jimmy Buffet lifestyles.

http://graveyardmall.com/fsicode.html (not sure how long this link will stay active)

Vern

I

All neon signs are now sold out

T

I realize this is a very old post, but I recently purchased a similar neon sign at at flea market and the neon doesnt' work. I was hoping someone who has one of these signs could tell me if the power supply I have is the correct one. The transformer output is 12 VDC at 350 mA. When I plug it in, the neon comes on for about a 1/2 second and then goes out. Everytime I plug it in this happens.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!

Pages: 1 2 replies