Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Kowloon Holiday Get Together..

Pages: 1 25 replies

Greetings fellow New Englanders...

With fellow TC'er Ravenne coming home from the West Coast, TikiGirl and myself wanted to setup a get together.

We're going to meet up on Saturday, December 22nd at 3pm. If anyone else wants to join us, the more the merrier. Hope to see you there..

Cheers!

Rick

T

I'll be there... I'm looking forward to meeting Ravenne and also seeing Kowloon again! Winter doldrums have got me down for sure! This will be a nice pick-me up from all this cold and snow!

Beth

R

wee! I finally get to meet you two!

I never realized how many tiki folk were in the east coast...until I went to the west coast, funny how that works!

I can't wait! :D

i might be into it.
that date might even be good for killing another bird with this stone.
hmmm.

..sb

S

I should be able to make it. I know that I'll try like hell!

J

Darn - I could use a Kowloon trip. Especially with all of the Holiday madness! I can't make that Saturday and probably will be booked until January. Hope you all have an awesome time!

Nicole and I will be at her family party in New Hampshire that day (ugh), so 3pm may be to early for us to get to Saugus - anything happening later on, paricularly New Hamsha or north shore-ish? Actually, we will be around MA until Dec 26 if anything else is cookin' too.

Joe

B

cant do the 22nd unfortunately.

Have fun & dont forget to hit the Bali Hai right up the road. Pre-dinner cocktails there are a must of any trip to Saugus.

I'm trying to convince RevThumper and Kristiki that we need to do this, since we'll be at their place in NH on that day...

On 2007-12-10 06:54, velveteenlounge wrote:
I'm trying to convince RevThumper and Kristiki that we need to do this, since we'll be at their place in NH on that day...

I see there are more folks taking part in the great christmas migration from the tri-state region to new england.

Let's talk at Ray's or D&G's to see if there's any possibility we can all be in the same place at the same time that weekend.

On 2007-12-10 07:33, leisure master wrote:

On 2007-12-10 06:54, velveteenlounge wrote:

I see there are more folks taking part in the great christmas migration from the tri-state region to new england.

Let's talk at Ray's or D&G's to see if there's any possibility we can all be in the same place at the same time that weekend.

Definitely!

Lets do somethin!! Lets do somethin fun! Kowloon Christmas Kitsch sounds fun to me!

R

6 more days till the get together!

I can't wait to see you guys!

Yay!

:D

OH! 3 PM huh?

I think I'll be able to stay for a couple of hours anyway!

T

The more the merrier! & the countdown is started for new mugs... I spied a new rum barrel type mug on Ooga Mooga!

Beth

My husband and I are visiting New England all the way from Edmonton, Canada. We would LOVE to meet with more TCers! We'll have to see if the family has anything we can't bail out of planned for that day...

T

The Countdown continues... Just in case we need to find each other will anyone have on a Hawaiian shirt? Seriously, everyone is welcome. We will figure out how to find everyone so that no one gets missed!

Tikisgrl

T

Bump... Anyone? Come on all this snow... you know that you need to have a tropical experience & there are plenty of places to shop near by so you can pretend to complete your Christmas shopping. Don't forget Kowloon is located near Kappy's Liquor store!

Beth

S

I'm planning on being there.

Why don't we all meet at the mug display case, directly to the right when you come in the front door?

T

On 2007-12-21 03:36, Scottes wrote:
I'm planning on being there.

Why don't we all meet at the mug display case, directly to the right when you come in the front door?

Mug case at 3 sound easy enough... see ya there...

R

meet at the mug case at 3pm???

Okies...I'll be the weird gal wearing a cat hat....:lol:!

can't wait to see ya guys! :D

T

For visual reference... the mug case!

Note it's full of mugs!

On the right as you walk through the doors!

See ya there who ever you may be... If you are running late look for I don't know a strange crew of Tiki Lovers?

Beth

Great to meet you today Ravenne!

And Beth, your generosity is beyond explanation. Thanks so much!

Dinner was great today, and well worth freezing my toes off in my van! :)

R

I finally met Bethy face to face yaaaay!

And It was great meetin you too, Carl!

You guys were sweet! And thanks for dinner Beth AND the mug liberation!
That was so awesomesweetkoolrawkinamazin' of you!!!!! :D!!!

I love'em!

I wish i would be out here longer so I can catch all the NE tiki events! :)

Someday! When I have a billion dollars I'll fly back and forth. :lol:

someday....

S

Unbelievable... I coulda sworn the meet was on Sunday... I missed it out of sheer stupidity! Argh!! I am so PO'd right now.

ARGH!!

T

So okay I'm not a good photographer my motto is point & click and let's see what happens. So here we go:

Kowloon with a little snow

I know you can't see the flames on the Flaming Ambrosia, too bad because this thing was burning so hot and long that a couple of the pieces of chicken turned to charcoal. Our waitress was extra generous and probably doused it with 2 times as much rum as was called for!

So this is Carl & Ravenne after a big meal, warm and full, it's all good.

And last but not least Ravenne with the complimentary Kowloon 2008 Calender with cute little cartoon's for the Chinese Years.

I got a nice lighter gun from Carl so I'm pretty excited, although I've been advised against brandishing it in public!

Sorry you missed us Scott you were certainly on the list for a mug liberation. I'd like to thank Carl & Ravenne for taking a few mugs off my hands and into new homes. Hopefully, there will be another event soon and I can send away a few more. Those darn mugs just keep following me home!

Great to meet you Ravenne & Carl, think electric socks!

Beth

Pages: 1 25 replies