Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

BUFFBAD-latest project.

Pages: 1 2 replies

B

This is my latest project copied from the pages of TC. Props to the original artist ...ALIENTIKI. I like your style and having none of my own (not yet anyway), I upscaled your version of the cannibal Tiki. This one is 2'4" and I will need a hernia repair if I lift it too many times.

I am planning to try two different stain colors, one for the hungry tiki and another for his lunch (smaller tiki). Cya for now KEEP YOUR CHISELS SHARP AND BANDAIDS CLOSE. BUFFBAD

Well it is almost Christmas and between work and holiday parties and such I have just got around to stainning this Tiki. I went back and forth between the little Tiki with dark stain or light stain. DARK OR LIGHT .... DARK OR LIGHT .... decisions decisions ... LOL. The winner is big Tiki DARK (Minwax Provincial) and his lunch or little Tiki was stained LIGHT (Minwax Golden Pecan). I know the traditional Tiki purist will not be happy with the bicolor stain and I know they surely will get their panties in a bunch because I painted the inside of his mouth pink. WELL!! Dang it ! I like a little color in my Tiki's. So there !! I have not put the final polyurathane coats yet and I have polished shell insets for the eyes of the little Tiki fella.
So more pics are forth coming to a TC post near you.

KEEP YOUR CHISELS SHARP AND BANDAIDS CLOSE CYA BUFFBAD
P.S. Many thanks to AlienTiki for the original art and design.

IT'S F I N I S H E D !!! FINISHED ! DONE ! FINITO

I got it done before New Years Holiday. WOOTS ! Finished with two coats of polyurathane brushed on (one while upside down) and a final spray coat. The eyes for the little guy are polished shell glued in place. NOW ! time for pictures.

Close up of face.

By the spa.

View of the backside.

Now its Miller Time !!!!!

Thank you for viewing post. Thanks to AlienTiki for the original idea and art.
KEEP YOUR CHISEL SHARP AND BANDAIDS CLOSE. BUFFBAD CYA

[ Edited by: BUFFBAD 2007-12-29 13:39 ]

so cool keep up the good work my friend

B

Very good, can't wait for the next pix !

Benjamin.

Pages: 1 2 replies