Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

First Exotica 5.1 mix ever? Hmmmm....

Pages: 1 6 replies

Ok. It's been discused so I figured I'd be the first to try it. This may be a first for exotica, the next best thing to the Tikiaki Orchestra playing on an airplane, Island Mist in 5.1 !
Here's the link:

http://www.mindshaftmusic.com/exotica_project.htm

This is a Dolby AC3 file. IT WILL NOT PLAY IN MEDIA PLAYER! Use a DVD player program. I've tested it with Cyber Link Power DVD and it plays fine! You could also burn it to a DVD and play it on a standard home thearter system (put in the audio_ts folder).

Whatcha tink mon?

Tiki Bill.

G

Hey Bill, I'd love to listen to it, but to save me hours of Googling, can you give me a simple step-by-step for burning it to a DVD-A? I'm a technically competent person, but almost never burn DVDs, except data DVDs.

TB

It's just like making a video DVD. Just use the AC3 file instead of a WAV. Depending on your DVD recording software, you may have to include SOME kind of video. Depending on the player, you may be able to just put the AC3 file on a DVD rom and play it just like a disk with MP3 files on it. I'll convert it to a VOB file and put that up too.

Tiki Bill.

G

I gave it a try, but something's not quite right. I burned it to DVD, but the surround decoder in my receiver is saying Dolby Digital Pro Logic II, so I think it's only detecting it as stereo. When I put a DVD movie in the player, the receiver shows it as just Dolby Digital and plays discreet 5.1 channels. Hmmm. Wonder if the DVD burning software hosed it up somehow.

TB

I used Sonic Foundry (now Sony) DVD Architect and it worked fine for me. What software are you using? Is your software making the VOB file correctly? A VOB is the same exact thing as an MPEG2 file, just a different file extention, and thats what older DVD players look for in the "video_ts" folder.

Tiki Bill.

T

Hi Tiki Bill,

What software did you use to do your 5.1 mix, then? A Sony product? Acid, Vegas or Sound Forge?

Jack

TB

I used Nuendo 3 to do the mix, and DVD Architect to make the VOB file and burn a disk. The VOB I made works on the computer as well.

Tiki Bill.

Pages: 1 6 replies