Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Hand carved Teak Marquesan plaque

Pages: 1 5 replies

The boss wants me to lighten the Tiki load a bit so I must part with some recently finished carvings.

This one of a kind marquesan plaque was loosely modeled after some seen at the international market place in Honolulu. I changed the design a bit and added some extra faces. This is a thick piece of wood about 1.5inches thick 28inches tall by 8 3/4 inches wide. It weighs about ten pounds and has a saw tooth mounting bracket on the back for ease of hanging in your Tiki Bar.

Now is your chance, don't delay this TC only deal won't last, As a local shop will be taking the piece in one week.

Please PM me if you are interested.
Mahalos for looking.

my blog

[ Edited by: AlienTiki 2007-12-18 12:41 ]

Very nice! I think I remember seeing these around the Trader Vic's building. They had been badly painted over, by then. Would make an impressive Christmas gift, for sure.

On 2007-12-17 14:40, bigbrotiki wrote:
Very nice! I think I remember seeing these around the Trader Vic's building. They had been badly painted over, by then. Would make an impressive Christmas gift, for sure.

With an endorsement like that who could go wrong? Thank you Bigbrotiki and Mahalos to everyone for the pms. This Plaque has sold but I'm always open for commissions and I should be posting some new stuff for sale real soon.

Mahalo
Eric

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Dec 18, 2007 6:25 PM

SWEET!

I am just a sucker for anything Marquesan. I feel a direct lineage to Karl von den Steinen:

When the show Survivor was on Marquesas Island the immunity idol was a fantastic tiki. I found a fellow on the island who had a couple for sale. I had to get an international money order for him and to my surprise the tikis arrived the day I mailed the money order. When I asked him why he sent them so fast he said, "there is no crime on Marquesas Island". I had to educate him that at my end there is but the money is on the way.

Pages: 1 5 replies