Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

How Petty! P.P. has the most posts...

Pages: 1 19 replies

Some points here:

1. you can now unsubscribe to Beyond Tiki but still subscribe to the other forums, if you're interested. Just do it from the mail screen.

2. This thread was funny while it lasted but I deleted it to push PolyPop and Bong back down to their previous post counts.

3. Again, it was funny, but posting one word per message borderlined on Spam, esp for the people who get it via email.

~Hanford.

Hanford, point well taken.

In addition, I hereby apologize profusely for Polynesian Pop's immature, childish behavior. I cannot believe he doesn't take more responsibility for his actions.

Sincerely,

Mr. Tiki Bong

DZ

I didn't get to see the actual thread before it was deleted, but due to differing posting times, those of us that get posts as e-mails got this from Poly Pop:

"good... always... over... prevails... evil!...and... SUCKKA!"

and this from Bong: "B... L... L... H... S... I... I... U... !"

huh? whatever...

(and I thought 'Talkie-tiki' was bad...)

L
laney posted on Thu, Feb 13, 2003 5:36 PM

Well, I for one, thought I had some very valid points in that thread :wink:

Hanford,
Thanks for setting Bong straight - he needed it. That said, let me apologize for all the spam I created to all email using TC'ers.

Sooooo..who won?

I say its not he who has the most posts, but he who has the biggest post!

Hanford,

Perhaps once posters reach the magic 101, the actual number of posts just is displayed as >100. That way hopefully the need to post will be driven by original/informative/funny etc posts rather than the need to ratchet up another few 'points'. Tiki Central is suffering slightly from the deluge of posts - if they are worth reading it's not a problem
but if it's just inane 'me too' style messages, it starts to read like a 10 year olds homework.

And a slap on the head for Pop and Bong - bad boys - go to your room!

Trader Woody

TW, you're not bitter we that we dethroned you are you? :)

On 2003-02-14 16:38, Trader Woody wrote:
Hanford,

Perhaps once posters reach the magic 101, the actual number of posts just is displayed as >100. That way hopefully the need to post will be driven by original/informative/funny etc posts rather than the need to ratchet up another few 'points'. Tiki Central is suffering slightly from the deluge of posts - if they are worth reading it's not a problem
but if it's just inane 'me too' style messages, it starts to read like a 10 year olds homework.

First, I honestly don't think that posts displayed at >100 will do anything to eliminate the 'me too' type of postings. It's just human nature to reply to posts where we share a similar experience and so I'm sure this will continue to happen. Second, I'd hate to think we can only post here if our posts had to be original/informative/funny. This is a message board right?

Tiki Central is suffering slightly from the deluge of posts - if they are worth reading it's not a problem

With all due respect, who decides what's worth reading? Shouldn't we make that decision ourselves? I must admit, there's an awful lot of crap that's posted on this board that I have absolutely no care for. You know what I do? Skip over them.

Just so you know, I personally don't feel the need to "ratchet" a post whenever necessary. I'm just a poor lonely Polynesian boy thats down on his luck with absolutely no life. To be honest, I was actually surprised at how many posts I've racked up on TC. I just wanted to give Bong a hard time about it because being the soft, complex-laden individual he is, I knew I'd get an amusing response from him.

As I've offered before, I apologize if our "Posts Battle" pissed anyone off. It was not my intention to do so. I just got caught up in the game because that particular "battle" post was so damn funny at the time.

And oh yeah TW, no need to slap me on the wrist. Hanford already put me in detention.

*** * * The Polynesian Popster * * ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-02-14 17:23 ]

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-02-14 17:26 ]

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-02-14 17:39 ]

Well Pop, as current keeper of the throne you'll soon realise it's a lonely business at the top and you are always within the sights of the lower orders. As Prince Charles has always said, it's a curse, not a blessing.

Watch your back.....

Trader Woody

Bloody Hell, you just completely changed your post and made mine seem inane. Still, that's another for me!

Trader Woody

And again. Hey Pop, don't get so angry...these are valid points. The whole 'skip over' thing isn't that easy. Like a lot of people on the board, I try to read all posts. I'm interested in what people have to say and have accumulated a wealth of information and many belly laughs from the posts here. Crap posts become like white noise, commercials or spam in your in-tray - a waste of life's short time.

Trader Woody

[ Edited by: Trader Woody on 2003-02-14 17:50 ]

Understood. :) Sorry for the snappy reply.

No worries Pop. If there's anyone guilty of snappyturtleitis, it's me.

Trader Woody
(PS. Let's keep this going so we can chuck Bong in the deep end post-wise..........just kidding Hanford!)

Sir Trader Woody,

First, I appreciate your witty and insightful posts and general being (keep in mind that I'll be with Al if, and I mean IF, we pick your a$$ up on time at the airport in San Diego for Tiki Oasis).

With that said, I find your post about limiting the number of ones posts to 100!

Good Day Sir!

Mr Tiki Bong

Bong, ya got me wrong...
(Good name for a rap tune, that)

No no no, I wasn't suggesting that we restrict posts to 100, just the display of the numbers of posts next to our names. Just a quick peek at those who have posted the most will reveal them to be some of the most knowledgable, amusing and certainly enthusiastic members of TC.

I was actually more concerned that if people get so pre-occupied with that little number, the quality of posts will get watered down. A couple of weeks back there was someone who said that they wanted to post something like 4000 posts in the next year. Now that was stupid & pointless! That was the kind of thing that would be avoided if Hanford did something about the post number.

Anyway, I was just chucking up was obviously an unpopular idea... To be honest, I'd probably miss the shock when I check my post number and realise I've waffled on far too much!

Cheers folks,

Trader Woody

EXACTLY, What they said
now that's quality

I didn't mean to "slap" anyone. I just saw Grog Monster's posts, and I saw the series of one letter posts and just thought that, yeah, I'm sure some people are grousing about this. I did think it was funny, but there are people out there who will see all those posts and think "Damn, those guys got 20 posts all with one letter each".

So I deleted it.

~Hanford

Hanford,

No Probelmo (that's a little Espanol!). You've done more to propagate this inane thread than Pop or I could have hoped for!

You are always a fine diplomat of edit here at TC. If you were here I'd kiss you (in a manly way, you know like in the Godfather)

If you were here I'd kiss you (in a manly way, you know like in the Godfather)

As in marking him for Death? Sheesh! It's just an edit, fer cryin' out loud! :wink:

On 2003-02-15 18:39, Tiki_Bong wrote:
If you were here I'd kiss you (in a manly way, you know like in the Godfather)

Oh. I could have sworn it was more in an ass-kissing way. :wink:

HEY BONG,
Do you need a putty knife to get the you know what off your nose.

Pages: 1 19 replies