Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: "Awakening Tiki" HUGE Jade Sculpture

Pages: 1 3 replies

P
Paipo posted on Thu, Dec 20, 2007 1:05 PM

Here is my biggest ever tiki and my biggest ever jade or stone carving! Not a cheap item but it is a steal for the price - check it out here!
Special bonus for TC bidders - I will throw in a few extra goodies from NZ....

G
GMAN posted on Sat, Dec 29, 2007 4:23 PM

A little more than an hour left......Aack! I hope someone jumps on him soon....

What a beautiful piece with a great concept. I would put it on a museum style pedestal at home, under a glass case with a beam of light on it!

This kind of money is just not so easy to get from the Tiki community. Then again, this guy

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Ren-Clarks-Polynesian-Village-Zombie-Tiki-Mug_W0QQitemZ120201923619QQihZ002QQcategoryZ29460QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

..seems to be heading that way! People are just after sensationalist things, head trophies, ....not subtle beauty.

P

Thanks G, and you too Sven...I actually thought twice about posting it in the marketplace, as it is definitely out of most tiki collectors' price range, but at least a few people might see it here that may not look in the carving forum often. This was a risky piece for me in terms of my time investment, but that's how it is when you carving is your life - some pieces have to be made regardless of the timing. Fortunately, jade tikis also appeal to jade appreciators, who are willing to pay the price for the right piece (this is no slight on the tikiphile - I also like to get new additions for my collection for as little as possible). It would be interesting to see how much of the annual "Tiki GDP" the mug purchases consume!

Pages: 1 3 replies