Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Blue Hawaii Moai mug

Pages: 1 4 replies

I stumbled upon a Moai mug with "Blue Hawaii" written on the back of the mug toward the bottom. I'm not sure who the manufacturer is. I've never seen it before and wasn't sure if it came from the Blue Hawaii in Nashville or not. I searched Tiki Central, Ooga Mooga and Ebay and couldn't find any information on it. Anyone have any information on this? I didn't have a camera so I wasn't able to take a pic of it. Thanks.

B

If it's like the one on page 73 of Tiki Quest it's by OMC for the Blue Hawaii in Nashville.
-Duke

I've seen one also locally at an antique store and it has been there for sometime. I think they were asking $45.00 for it.

PTD

B

S

Hold up. There was a Blue Hawaii in Louisville, KY, one in NJ, etc., why does everyone attribute a mug that says Blue Hawaii with the one in Nashville? Is there evidence I don't have?

What I do know is that Jim Walls of the Omni Hut bought the place when it was Mahi Mahi. He was forced to close due to debts incurred by the former owners. Bank auctioned off everything. He thought his food could turn it around. I doubt he invested in special mugs at that time. But I will ask. I am also unclear when it changed from Mahi Mahi to Blue Hawaii. I am just unconvinced about these mugs coming from Nashville. You'd think I would own a few living here in TN and traveling to Nashville regularly.

I may be over there in the next few weeks and I'll see if I can talk to Jim and his sons and see if any recall these details.

Pages: 1 4 replies