Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Lots of good vibes for the new year

Pages: 1 3 replies

P

I'm looking forward to seeing what all of you musical tiki types bring to the table this year.
We've got a new CD in the works.

Our new song "Not Suitable For Hawaiian Airlines" should be a rousing success with several, maybe even scads, of people. :wink:

Actually, I'm glad that the forum has so much great talent pushing the genre a little farther and I'm proud to be associated with this enclave.

I hope I get to play with Haole Kats a lot more this year than I did last year.
I miss those guys.

I'm hitching a ride to their gig in South Carolina in the summer and they don't even know it yet.

MH

Mele kulukumuku everyone!

Pablus, We dont have a new cd in the works - but we do have a new EIGHT TRACK! thats right, its coming back in 7.1 surround sound. hell yea. We are going to start a podcast at some point (saying that for a year) and get a mug out (saying that for 3 years) and get a new cd out (dont that 2years in a row!) :wink: Mahalo to all the ohana out there for supporting the exotica and related genres and their local artists. I am in NYC for the holidays and looking fwd to meeting some of this crew and trekking down a real zombie.

Pablus ; I heard recently on another thread that PAN AM needs tracks for their r/t flights to Okonkuluku . Our music is a litte bland for them but you might try submitting over there! :wink: We didnt meet the minimum mug (minimimug) requirement to be included.

south carolina? the bums only one carolina north - look him up and see if he'll party with ya'll! let me know when that show is haole folks!

The first and most important goal for me is getting the live act together for 08'.

Secondly, a new CD for this year as well, which I've halfheartedly started working on, and, like I said in another thread, I'm toying with the idea of a limited edition release of "StereoExotique" in 5:1 surround sound, most likely to be titled "Beyond StereoExotique". There is a whole Audiophile geek scene out there listening to rock and pop in 5:1, but once they get a taste of exotica in 5:1 I think they'll really be drawn to the genre.

I'm wondering where to go from the first CD, as I covered a decent amount of ground on there, and don't like to just do the same thing twice. I have some musical ideas I really want to pursue further within the exotica realm, that I only touched opon on "StereoExotique". Plus I want to take the product and packaging further as well, making it more than just a standard issue CD purchase. People really loved the umbrella in the spine that I did, so now I feel like I have to raise the bar.

And then, who knows, maybe have the Tikiyaki Orchestra logo on the side of one of the Hawaiian Airlines 747's... :)

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2007-12-25 11:02 ]

The Smoking Menehunes are currently working on their debut CD. Unfortunately, 2/3 of the band is now in Hawaii for the holidays, so that leaves me, the token Haole, to finish things up! This CD is taking a while, because I use microphones for everything, and have to wait 'till I am alone to get a noise-free environment. But I think the end result will be interesting. I was torn between doing a stereo recording like Tikiyaki did, but in the end decided to go real old school and make it monophonic. For some reason the bass sounds deeper in mono, and mono suits our smaller band anyway.

Tikiyaki, we should do a collective show once you get things settled! I am still dying to see you guys live. Your CD is fricken incredible. I listen to it at work all the time.

Pages: 1 3 replies