Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Sunday February 16 - Miceli's Hollywood

Pages: 1 2 replies

WEll it's definitely not tiki, and we'll be drinking red wine instead of mai tais, but still a fun night is to be had... I am gathering a few freinds to get together on Sunday night from about 9PM on for drinks and dessert to celebrate C.B.Howlie's birthday. (And your birthday too! if it's that time of year?)

P.S. He doesn't know anyone will be there - i'm just going to suggest we go there after dinner... so hush hush.

We are in for a special treat on Sunday, because JACK SHELDON is scheduled to be playin at the restaurant - he is a fantastic performer you might remember from his many years on the Merv Griffin Show and is the infamous voice behind Schoolhouse Rock's Conjunction Junction - What's your function?

from their website: "Miceli's is in the heart of Hollywood on Las Palmas just south of Hollywood Blvd. and is the second oldest restaurant in Hollywood and one of the oldest Italian restaurants in L.A.. President Kennedy dined at Miceli's. The Beatles unwound over pizza and pasta after performing at the Hollywood Bowl and Marilyn Monroe and Joe Dimagio chose Miceli's for a romantic dinner. Unique in Los Angeles, the Hollywood restaurant exudes authentic atmosphere with an eighty year-old multi-level building full of charm. The final touch is the top notch jazz groups that perform nightly."

[ Edited by: Futura Girl on 2003-02-15 05:00 ]

Futura Girl,

Madam Bong and myself regret that we cannot accomodate your inventation to C.B.'s Suprise birthday party.

You see, we are a somewhat older, married-with-children couple that need at least a 1 month notice in order to actually leave the confinds of our abode sans baby bongs in tow.

We will always remember your visit to our humble dwelling for the Kona Lanes Night for you interest in our portion of our united effort to preserve all things tiki and retro.

Anyway, I know that amoung the many luminary-types you and C.B. rub elbows with, we will always appreciate your inventation to rub elbows with the less so.

Happy Birthday C.B., have fun and live aloha!

'A thing of Tiki is a joy forever'

Celebrate 'International Tiki Day' the second Saturday in August - Hau'oli La Tiki!

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2003-02-14 20:56 ]

well, i don't know how many elbows we will be rubbing on Sunday? but we will bend a few!

Pages: 1 2 replies