Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Taix 12/28/07

Pages: 1 2 replies

A

King Kukulele will be having a show at Taix, Fri the 28th. Ukulady will be displaying her comic Uke Styling. Along with DJ Chicken (or something similar,sorry) with some manic video Mayhem. Hope to see you.
Mahalo,
Al

Al, where were you!? You tricked me into going! :wink:
You missed some of the most shrill earsplitting singing by Denny's female Ukulele protege I ever experienced. An unforgettable irritainment experience. When she announced her song "Banned from Canter's" with "I was banned because they said I was too loud..." we should have heeded that as a fair warning. :D

P

I think the whole thing was a bit too loud, as all the feedback attested to. Still, I am kind of sorry that I missed the Ukulady, but I was having so much fun at Tiki Ti. I picked up a card and checked out her websites. I think she is really funny if, yes, perhaps a bit shrill. I was able to turn down my speakers, so all I got was the funny. Hopefully she will make a return appearance with a somewhat toned down PA system. Otherwise another fun show. Where else can you sing along with "Santy Clause Conquers the Martians" while watching a flying saucer whirl about the room, at a Tiki themed show in a French restaurant? There is no need for LSD anymore.

Pages: 1 2 replies