Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Recipe: For the new year !! Don't worry about being a CASTAWAY!!!!

Pages: 1 24 replies

With this cocktail you will believe you are on some island all by yourself (or maybe with a volleyball called WILSON) working with what is around you. Great flavor!! Very simple to make and good flavores to have around your TIKI BAR to make you feel closer to the tropics and far,far,far away from snow!!!!!!

Happy new year to all you crazy tiki central'ers!!!!

CASTAWAY
A personal favorite thanks to the coconut and banana flavors, Castaway will easily become your next much loved drink of choice
Ingredients

2 oz
Rum - Dark
1 oz
Liqueur - Banana
1 oz
Cream of Coconut
Instructions

Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, add ingredients and shake well, then strain into an ice-filled old-fashioned glass.
*For a funky alternative try blending all the ingredients with some vanilla ice cream - the creamy taste is heightened 20 fold.
Glass

Old-Fashioned
Catagories

Rum Cocktails, Tiki Drinks

Let that Freaky Tiki Flag Fly,

Wildsville Man

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2007-12-28 07:05 ]

OK, now even I believe that Wildsville is a troll! If he would have insisted on Bacardi in his next recipe, he would have been to obvious, but what else can scandalize the Polynesian cocktail archeology community other than flavored rums and Bacardi?:
The exclusive use of the GIRLY DRINK flavors COCONUT and BANANA! With an added suggestion of VANILLA ICE CREAM! You've done it, man, you have outed yourself as a prankster. :)

Rum DARK.... no brand.. no glorified brand description...mixologist? YOU BET

RB

My first resolution for 2008, and I'm going to start a few days early: ignoring posts from Wildsville man.

And please, Wildsville, no more giant-ass pictures with your posts.

[ Edited by: Rum Balls 2007-12-28 07:25 ]

Sorry,but you brought it on yourself!!!!!!!!!

WAIT FOR IT!!!!!

BAM!!!!!!!BAD KITTY IS GOING TO BE ALL UP IN YOUR GRILL!!!!!

I DON"T FEEL BAD,YOU BROUGHT THAT S@#T ON YOUR SELF,DIG?

O

So Daddio, does Andy get his card or what? Mai Tai gets his and poor Andy doesn't?

H

Just to set the record straight, there is a recipe in the Grog Log for a Castaway. The above recipe is obviously not it.

Wildsville Man, when are you going to read the Grog Log?

I have never read the Grog Log before. I am new to this sight so I only have checked out the basics. But I do have Doug Horn's Grog Tiki Mug!!!!!!!!!That cat is cool!!!!!!Sorry if it's a repeat,I know it's a big special at Caliente Tropics hotel in Palm Springs(Wild Bill's is the restaurant)

Andy will be getting his sent out today on this sight,sorry for the wait and sorry for the lack of FEZ!!!

Keep loose and free HOLMS.DIG?

Wildsville Man

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2007-12-28 09:51 ]

is this some guerilla theater as art project?

Doug HORNE--is a good guy

H

On 2007-12-28 09:49, Wildsville man wrote:
I have never read the Grog Log before. I am new to this sight so only have checked out the basics.

More basics:
http://www.tikicentral.com/proc/?item=drinkguides

I hope you like ANDY!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep it real,keep it simple,Keep it real simple!!!!!!!!!!DIG?

J

On 2007-12-28 10:16, Wildsville man wrote:
Keep it real,keep it simple,Keep it real simple!!!!!!!!!!DIG?

Anyone else see the irony in this statement? :roll:

I already admitted to a small school bus!!!!Dig?

Are you a CAR SALESMAN?

Sounds like he went to the TGI McFunsters school of corporate bartending.

This jape brings a whole new average to mediocrity. I absolve you! :wink:

On 2007-12-28 10:32, Wildsville man wrote:

That is one sweet cocktail shaker! It looks overly large, is it a trick of the camera or can that thing really mix a dozen martini's at once?

J

Chip, you can find that cocktail shaker and the matching ice bucket here. I've seen these in the store, they're pretty sweet!

Sweet!

I have a World Market right down the road from me......

They are right!!! It is worlds market I purchased that bad-boy at!!! It is a trick I did with mirrors,some rope,a stick of gum,and a barbie pin!!!!!!!!!!! No, Just josh'in ya. If you want to do 12 drinks at a time use the matching ice bucket.DIG?

This ones for my peep's!!!!!!!!!May the Tiki God's keep you safe from the normality of life,DIG?

I put some scrach on this bad-boy for ya!!!!

I need one of these autographed photos--pronto! I'm gonna put it on my fridge. People are going to be like "who is that?" and I'm gonna be like "that's a famous mixologist, now drink your Mai Tai and shut up about it."

Treating guest like CRAP? Do you own the Caliente Tropics in Palm Springs? Just Joking!!!!!!!!
You my friend, have style and class,any person who doesn't know me should be treated like CRAP!!!
I am F'in off this Modernism weekend with some tiki freaks in Palm Springs but I will get that done
for ya my friend............

Now keep that elbow bent,you DIG?

W

wildsville man

Rory Snyder (A.K.A. Wildsville-man)

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2009-02-14 12:57 ]

Please dont sell this for crack sucka,DIG THAT?

Sorry about the scan,but I am not that bright

wildsville man

Rory Snyder (A.K.A. Wildsville-man)

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2009-02-15 09:59 ]

Thanks for the scan. Sorry it took so long for a reply--I've been too busy boozing.

Pages: 1 24 replies