Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Broken SHAG Mugs - CSI Japan Style

Pages: 1 17 replies

So today I had the unfortunate dismay of receiving two broken SHAG Mugs from Japan. I understand that these things happen though was shocked to find that both mugs were sent in a PAPER SHOPPING BAG with a few pieces of shredded newspaper dusted on top. WTF?!!! Who in their right mind would think that less than a millimeters worth of pulp would secure the shipment of ceramics halfway around the globe?!! The eBay seller's name is Koto906 and I would boycott anything this dealer sells for now on. Bellow I added the CSI Desiccation of the package.. Does anyone else have any Tiki horror stories to share?

[ Edited by: TikiMonkeySpirtos 2007-12-28 16:18 ]

M

Yes, I bought something on ebay first and last time, I did not get what I ordered. Then the seller after about 3 weeks sends me an email and says I think I sent your package to somone else. Then he says can you ship it to the right address and pay for it then I will paypal it back to ya. I'm thinking WTF? You screwed up in the first place dude. So, I kept it and gave it as a gift. The guy who got my package never sent it either. We had the same last names. Not a packing issue but a screwup none the less.

T

How do you say, I've been 'Fu@ked' in Japanese????

On 2007-12-29 18:39, TikiLaLe wrote:
How do you say, I've been 'Fu@ked' in Japanese????

I think Austin Powers had it as fooked..

B

I've had 2 broken mugs and a smashed decanter from e-bay auctions. People don't protect these things properly and also the post office doesn't help. I think they actually try to break things. I'm not sure I will buy any more breakables off e-bay. It's a 50/50 risk that it will arrive broken.

WOW, I was gonna bid on this seller's set of 3 Shag spice bottles a few days ago. This seller has perfect feedback however. I am guessing he will refund your money. Please let us know what happens.

I have been buying on Ebay for 10 years and have had virtually no problems.

M

I bought my mug from a different seller but he mentioned in his listing insurance through the mail service almost like it was standard. But, document when and how you contact them and what their response is. I had an item that never showed up and after showing Ebay I had tried to work it out with the seller, they gave me a full refund.

I've emailed the Seller three times, so far with no reply. I guess I get to go through the lengthy and painful process of reporting him [sigh]. Wish me luck.

On 2007-12-30 08:42, TikiMonkeySpirtos wrote:
I've emailed the Seller three times, so far with no reply. I guess I get to go through the lengthy and painful process of reporting him [sigh]. Wish me luck.

The fact that he hasn't replied actually can help your case with Ebay.

This is how I listed the The Brown SHAG Mug on Ooga-Mooga! Hopefully I'll get a new one soon.

you can dispute the charge ...via paypal...if you used that form of payment... and paypal will reverse the charge..
or at least put the disputed charge into limbo until they work it out,,,,..try that

TS

Thank god for the invention of crazy glue... :lol: Seriously, that really sux! I've been on ebay for about 8 years or so, and only got screwed on 2 items out of 230+ auctions. Ebay screwed me on an auction by suspending the users account because of 3 pending negatives/reports that were literally within a 2 day span, so he decided not to mail out the item to me. I lost my payment and the item. This was when ebay had little to no buyers insurance program in place at the time, as I exhausted all my options trying to get reimbursed from someone.(I even reported it to the government internet fraud site). Ebay had left a pretty sour taste in my mouth after that for a while. Things have changed for the better since those earlier days of ebay, and I now bid with confidence again! :lol: :P

T

That really sucks,guess i was bit luckier with the same seller,I got one for a christmas present and it too was sent in a the same bag with no packaging,But it by some miracle was not broken!! I could not believe some one is so stupid to send a ceramic mug half way across the world like that,The seller has other mugs for sale but i wont be getting any more due the risk of breakage.

I received a email in broken english asking to take the package to the post and fill out a claim. I assumed the seller wanted prof of damage so I emailed the the picture I posted here. He agreed that he would send replacement though still needs confirmation from the post.

Now here's the problem. I do eBay for a living and ship packages almost everyday. I know what a Customs and Insurance Forms look like on a package and can find no sign of Insurance. When dealing with Flat Rate Priority Mail sent overseas you are automatically covered for a certain amount, though I have no idea about the shipping policies with the shipping company he went with (EMS?). Since the seller did not offer insurance in the auction so I assumed that they would have been sent safe.

S

Most businesses in Japan are closed from 12/28 until Jan. 7th and many people return to their hometown during the New Year holiday . This accounts for his not contacting you sooner .

I live in Japan , and always ship EMS ( Express Mail Service ) through the post office . I believe for the basic charge there is $ 200 of insurance included , so don't worry .

I am really shocked that a Japanese person would pack breakables like this . I have done over 700 transactions on Japanese auctions and have never had a problem . The packaging is almost always exceptional .

[ Edited by: sushiman 2008-01-05 23:50 ]

[ Edited by: sushiman 2008-01-06 00:33 ]

K
Kenike posted on Sun, Jan 6, 2008 2:18 AM
M

On 2008-01-05 23:49, sushiman wrote:
Most businesses in Japan are closed from 12/28 until Jan. 7th and many people return to their hometown during the New Year holiday . This accounts for his not contacting you sooner .

Thanks for that little bit of information Sushiman. I won an auction on the 29th and haven't heard from the seller. On a previous purchase he was quite prompt. I'll hold off on freaking off for a little while longer.

Oh, the terror of broken mugs. I live in Southern California and invested in Poster Putty on most of my big collectables. Most of the mugs are usable (I live by the motto, "Bring me a Tiki and I'll fill it") though some just need to stay down for show.

Pages: 1 17 replies