Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

NY area: King Yum or Jade Island trips in Jan.

Pages: 1 2 64 replies

MH

a fun time was had by all! we trekked out in all the rain and made it with no problems. stuff arrived on fire, and in Approved Containers so the Village Elders of Okonkuluku would have been proud (only 25% showed up , meaning, 1 Ho). Let's do it again sometime! Leisure Master, when are you going to host a big tiki night? :wink:

T

It is the real thing, allright. While the tiki drinks were, of course, not up to Beach Bum Berry standards, they were tasty and a good variety was offered. I would go again, anytime.

Terrific interiors. Plenty of tiki, a mural, and some backlit photos.

Curious to see how easy it would be to get there by public transport.

On 2008-01-15 11:00, tabuzak wrote:

Curious to see how easy it would be to get there by public transport.

We took the ferry to the bus when we went, then took a cab to the ferry for the return trip. I'd love to do the ferry/cab combination again when the weather warms up. That was really easy and fun.

T

You're on!

Let me know where everyone is meeting up before heading to Queens. I will probably bus in from Allentown that afternoon.

It's this Friday, at 6:30pm? I want to go!! Could anyone who is driving from Manhattan give me a ride? I will be in Tribeca at 5:30pm. If not, I can use good old fashion public transportation. I found Donhonyc's post who gave pretty good directions:

"take the F train to Kew Gardens-Union Turnpike, and hop the Q46 bus which boards right outside the F train stop. 10 minutes later...you're there!!!"

Transpoprt from Manhattan to King Yum

I'm going to take a cab from Manhattan out to King Yum. I'll be leaving from the taxi stand outside Penn Station (8th Ave and 33rd) at around 5:00-5:30. If anyone wants to join me, and share the cost of the ride (which I assume will be around $40), that would be great. Otherwise, see ya there. email me for my cell number: dave at roycroftcopper dot com

We're still on the fence about whether we'll drive or train into the city (depends entirely on the weather, so we probably won't make the decision until the 11th hour), but if we take the train we'll definitely join everyone for cabs. We'll let you know tomorrow whether we'll meet up for the cab ride or just drive our car and see you at King Yum.

I'd like to head out Friday and will most likely drive, as usual. However I'm guessing I'll be late like 8p or so. So I'll order a few egg rolls on the side of my Drink Dinner. If anyone wants a lift from Times square and want to be late. PM and I'll give you my cell (or just look in the posts from the Mr. Ho late December adventure and my cell number is there on my phone)

"we have to keep meeting like this"

OK, it's snowing here in Stowe, but after a (nearly) tiki-less weekwe need to get our fix. If we leave now, we can make it tonight(yes, I'm serious). We have to give some love to the feathered, furred and finned crew first, so we should be in Queens by 7:30. See you then!

Gina & Damian

P.S. we'll call one of you wonderful ohana with our actual ETA (or you can call us) Aloha!

[ Edited by: Martiki-bird 2008-01-18 06:35 ]

Okay, I've decided to drive, so we won't be among the taxi-taking crowd. See you there!

ok here ya ago..

good to see the crew- and rugbymatt too!
we decided a certain drink was the way to go - it golden goodness and he name of it is ....
Golden cup OR lovers golden cup

entrance

part of the gang - whos lid is dat?

look for the fairmont chop stix later

chow / pupu - good stuff

it says for 2 I recommend for one!

golden cup - starts it off

special drink delivery like inn and out burger order off the menu

look a like

ceiling

da crew

golden cup

carnage

the golden cup club (mary was absent)

they get bigger as the night goes on..

food - 5 - 0 (matt)

nyc ohana

karaoke

bar shot

bring your own - matty

decor

the money shot

ask for george

no neck shot

go to times square for one of these for your own bar:

kiki and fang were missed

matty - spilled a s sad drink - but is still in the Golden cup club - maybe he'll post his pics too!

K

Looks like a blast! Hope to make it some time if anyone wants to return!

Thanks for posting the pictures, Jack.

Slightly dented this morning, but ready to do it again tonight with the NE ohana at the Bali Hai!

...and I somehow still got the early bus back home this morning.

Okay so now finally some more digital memories

Our chariot awaits

Aurthur had his round table...ha!

Aloha from Liesure Master

Hipster Ray and the lovely Mary

Velveteen and the Cap'n

A little Tom Foolery

The road warriors

FuManchu Look-a-like contest winner

George serving up the Gold Cup

The loyal order of the Gold Cup

King Yum was great! I always wondered where the E train goes when it leaves Manhattan. Love the pics. Looking forward to the next event. Dave

Pages: 1 2 64 replies