Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

18 Arthur Lyman albums being released on CD!!

Pages: 1 2 54 replies

CD Universe is also showing a release date of April 8th only their price is 13.84 (at least for now). Collector's Choice takes the first couple of months sales at 'their' price before releasing to other distributors to maximize sales from people who can't wait that long (in other words people like me). I suspect CC will then adjust their price down.

On 2008-02-20 10:26, alohacurrent wrote:

CD Universe is also showing a release date of April 8th only their price is 13.84 (at least for now). Collector's Choice takes the first couple of months sales at 'their' price before releasing to other distributors to maximize sales from people who can't wait that long (in other words people like me). I suspect CC will then adjust their price down.

That's usually what happens. Oftentimes Collector's Choice's adjusted prices are far lower than other retailers, especially if you can dodge the shipping charges by spending $50 or more on their web site.
Peace,
Peter

Got 3 discs in today's mail (free shipping!) Bwana A, Isle of Enchantment & Latitude 20. Excellent quality all around. Hope these do well.

S

On 2008-02-14 16:19, DejaVoodoo wrote:
I'm so glad to hear these reissues are worth the hefty price! OK, $16.95 isn't ridiculously expensive but when you consider that most new CDs can be had for anywhere from $10 to $14, the extra dollar or two tacked on to the cost of the Lyman reissues is a little odd considering that a) Collector's Choice Music said Exotica was a dead horse, and b) the majority of their reissues sell for a lot less. I guess the whole two LPs on one CD thing warrants a higher price? Oh well. It's not like I'm not buying the albums anyway!

If these reissues prove popular and sell in droves, perhaps Collector's Choice Music will seek out other easy listening/lounge/exotica albums languishing in the vaults and realize that there is still a market for re-releasing "old" music not just in MP3 format but also on CD. Even though I love my iPod, there's still something magical about tearing open a freshly picked CD and thumbing through the jacket before spinning that little plastic disc on the 'ol stereo...

That being said, I can't wait for my first batch of Arthur Lyman reissues to arrive. They shipped TODAY! :)

I just purchased Bwana A / Bahia & Isle Of Enchantment / Polynesia NEW for $ 10 each on Ebay .

D

Just got my remaining Lyman titles on CD in the mail.

I want to let everyone know that the quality is first rate, these are NOT LP rips, they sound like they are from the master tapes. Its such a pleasure to have these albums on CD! However, still missing are "Call of the Midnight Sun","Hawaiian Sunset Vol 2.","Greatest Hits", and "Aloha Amigo".

On 2008-04-10 14:50, Digitiki wrote:
Just got my remaining Lyman titles on CD in the mail.

I want to let everyone know that the quality is first rate, these are NOT LP rips, they sound like they are from the master tapes. Its such a pleasure to have these albums on CD! However, still missing are "Call of the Midnight Sun","Hawaiian Sunset Vol 2.","Greatest Hits", and "Aloha Amigo".

:) :) :) :) :)

I

I just visited the Collector's Choice website .... all of the Arthur Lyman '2-fer' releases are now marked at $14.98 .... a $2 savings from the original list price.

I also checked, and several Martin Denny releases are also $2 off - these are the ones that feature both the mono and stereo versions of his early releases (Exotica, Exotica 2, Exotica 3, Quiet Village, Primitiva, Hypnotique, and Afro-Desia) Martin Denny's live 'Baked Alaska' is also on sale for $9.

And there are several Les Baxter 2-fers being offered, also $2 off:
Ports of Pleasure/Sacred Idol (CD titled Sacred Dreams)
Ritual of the Savage/Passions
Tamboo/Skins
The Soul of the Drums/Academy Award Winners

It is a dangerous website to visit, especially when one has just received their tax refund, and only has vinyl copies of much of the above.

[ Edited by: ikitnrev 2008-04-10 19:37 ]

Pages: 1 2 54 replies