Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Feb 22nd Sugarlight at the Hale Hawaii

Pages: 1 15 replies

Saturday Feb 22nd Sugarlight is going on at the Hale Hawaii, this is the monthly show where they play all 60's and 70's music. In my opinion this place still serves the best Scorpions in town. Anyone up for comind down?

DZ

S-Sam, you know Z Girl and myself will be there! Sugarlight puts out a great mix and Hale Hawaii's Scorpions are indeed the best (but we're going to have to pay extra close attention to the clamshells they're served in... right, Pup?)

Me too, strolling solo though.

Great music last time this DJ played, and a fun crowd. I will definitely be there.

Sabu

Sounds fun to me! Would someone please post the address and meeting time? Mahalo!

-Weird Uncle Tiki

King Kuku and the Friki Tikis are playing at the Purple Orchid that night, too. They are performing from 11:00 PM until 1:00 AM. I think it would be well worth your while to to work that into the schedule on Saturday!

S

Could be a long night!

Gotta work Saturday but we're gonna try to make it. As usual, the Stentikis wait for the 2 minute warning before we move on anything!

Address and meeting time, please!

Anyone? Anyone?

DZ

E-Z drivin' info:
-Get off 405 @ Hawthorne south
-Left on PCH
-Just past "Zampirini Way", turn right into parking lot (where you see 'Beijing Islamic Restaurant'), across the street from the Jaguar dealership.
-the place is VERY non-descript (it's in a business plaza, after all), but just look for where all the cars are parked and the folks in the 'smoking section' are out in front.

I think Sugarlight starts at 8:00, but Suicide Sam would know for sure. Z-Girl and I plan on getting there around 9-ish...

Seeing the King at the P.O. sounds great too, but Sugarlight is a lot of fun, and after a few Scorpions, I doubt I'll feel like drivin' all the way to El Segundo. (However, if someone want's to give the good Doctor and his Girl a ride, I s'pose anythings possible...)

Don't know if I can make it to the Sugarlight at Hale Hawaii gig but I'll definitely be at the Purple Orchid to see the King. I believe Bong, Al & Shelly will make PO as well.

The Hale Hawaii is at:
3144 Pacific Coast Highway
Torrance, CA
between Hawthorne BLVD & Crenshaw

Sugarlight goes on from 10-2
I'll probably be there just a little after 10:00, it doesn't really get jumping in there until like 11 or 11:30

Floratina, I'll have some mugs on me to sell. Sorry,keep forgeting.

Is everyone doing both Hale Hawaii and Purple Orchid?

S

We're out! :(

A little problem with expired drivers licenses (both of us -- can you believe it?)!

Don't they (DMV) send reminders anymore???

Just lucky I didn't get pulled over coming home from the Lava Lounge...

P

I may do purple orchid later, but I will not be able to make Hale Hawaii.

A few photos from the Hale Hawaii last night - which turned out to be quite an event after all. I saw several cameras being used, so hopefully some of you can add to my meager offering.

A few of the entrance-way tikis that have been standing guard since the Sixties.

Suicide Sam & Chikitiki discussing something really important. How do I know? Because they're not sucking on those Scorpion-bowl straws like madmen. The Scorpion Bowls at the Hale Hawaii are that good - really.

Z-Girl, Lady Velour, Miss Mauna Loa, Weirduncletiki, Johnny Velour.

Old-skool Outrigger lamp.

Shelly, Al, & Doctor Z in the background.

Suicide Sam and that cute waitress that seems to like him. Maybe that's why he keeps arranging these outings to the Hale Hawaii.

Whatever the reason, Thanks to Suicide Sam for getting the ball rolling on this one. I had a great time as usual. A lot of folks I hadn't seen for months were there. And it was great for us locals, who finally got to show the Hale Hawaii off to our more Southern brethren.

Sabu

I was glad to see all you guys out there. I thought when I walked in no one would be there yet. But as I walked in I saw two tables full of freinds, one full of Tiki Centralites and another full of people I grew up with. I felt like Norm walking into Cheers.

Pages: 1 15 replies