Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

M Modern in Palm Springs is having a Museum Show!!!!

Pages: 1 30 replies

If you like art and you like tiki this is the place to be!!!!!! Wildsville Man loves this stuff!!!!
This show will have the ever so smoking hot TARYN MANNING from the movie Hustle and Flow with a new artist showing his stuff. But at the same time and place you will see original art from SHAG,TIM BISKUP,
MILES THOMSON,LYNN NALOR,CHRIS RACARDDI and many,many more!!!!!!!!!These are pieces privately owned and
not often seen. So if you dig tiki and midcentury modern and TARYN MANNING (SO HOT) This id the place to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See ya on the flip-side

and tell Jay and MeShell that Wildsville sent Ya!!!!!!!!DIG?

Friday Jan 4th
7-9pm
2500 n Palm Canyon Dr
Ste B5
Palm Springs,Ca 92262

Check out some drink idea's onthe drink section of TC!!!!!

Let that Freaky Tiki Flag Fly,

wildsville man

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2008-01-02 11:56 ]

One of the pieces that will be in the show is "Palm Springs After Dark". I was able to sneak-peep it today at the gallery, and all I can say is awesome!!!!!!!!!! Try and stop by!!!!!!!

Wildsville?? Do you have a brother here on TC you remind me of another guy much like you? amazing!

No way Holmes,there is only one me!!!!!!DIG? But nothing go's better with a cocktail then looking at a great piece of art. I like my Art,I like my music,but I love my cocktail's!!!!!!!!That's what butters my bread.

keep loose and free my brother from another mother!!!!!!!!!!

T

'wildsville man' is a breath of fresh air in this sometimes stale and soggy T.C. !!!

Thanks for the positive vibe thrown my way. It's good for the soul to know there is some other peep's out their like myself. I hope 08 is all you dream of , and that you keep that positive fishing pole flying...
It will catch you a whole lot of happiness!!!!!!!!

But now I'm out of here like a thief in the night!!!!!!!!!

See ya at the show,DIG?

P.S. Great music to listen to when your getting your freaki tiki on!!!!!!!!

I just talked to Jay (owned of M MODERN) and he told me he would give a free drink to anyone who tells him that "WILDSVILLE HAS SENT ME"!!!!! So don't ever say I didn't get you anything!!!!!!!!!!DIG?

ART,WILDSVILLE MAN,PALM SPRINGS,AND A FREE DRINK? ....Life is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not only the president,I'm a client!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I can't make it - got a previous engagement. Sounds like some great art. Too bad - was looking forward to meeting you, Wildsville - you are a trip!

If I can, I will take some pictures for you at the event!!!! Art,Manning,Me a deadly combo......

Just announced!!!!!!!!!!!Everlast Girl will be their too!!!!!!!!

wildsville man

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2008-01-04 10:45 ]

Wildsville man, please stop using the word "Dig", I've been using that word for years. I own it. Maybe you could say "GID" instead. HA! 8)
Also, Shag used me for the model of the head in the pool. I'm famous now.

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader 2008-01-04 11:10 ]

NO,Shag Said "What a little Head" when he was standing next to you in the bathroom. or maybe he said "That freakish little head might not satisfy you girlfriend but it will make you famous" But
I want proof,send us a photo of your freakish little head!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I always thought that was WEBSTER,GID? That's DIG on the flip-side!!!!!!!!

On 2008-01-04 06:25, TikiLaLe wrote:
'wildsville man' is a breath of fresh air in this sometimes stale and soggy T.C. !!!

What do you mean !!? This is what a typical Tiki Central gathering looks like:

"Stale and Soggy"? Preposterus! You will have to answer for this, young man!

Is that a young ART GARFUNKEL on the END? That cat was square back in the day. He has so much fourhead that it should be called a fivehead,DIG?

wildsville man

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2008-01-04 12:01 ]

Will there be anything going on with the show tomorrow, 1/5? If so what time?

I think M Modern is open during the day only tomorrow!!!! But you will probably get more info on the their web sight. Have you been to the Shag Show at the Laguna Beach Museum? AWSOME,if you go stop at Pure Color gallery also, a bunch of Artist Proofs Too!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not often that a guy asks to see my small head but here ya go
DIG?
I'm sure it will be a really big show tomorrow.

Your a sick,sick Monkey!!!!!!!!!!!! I like that,GID? Stay sick and keep that wood straight!!

You showed me your now I'll show you mine!!!! I like to dress it up like the princess!!!

CL

Hey Peep,

Wow, 10 personal posts on your own thread today. That's good!

Knowing that U R super swamped pouring for the famous, getting super exclusive sneak peaks at art, researching fabulous new Bacardi recipes, and showing off your err frado ... you've made me curious. Do read the rest of the site, beyond your own posts? Lots o' mmmm M Modern threads for ya to enjoy.

I know ya wanna party with us all, but need to stay close the the homested to save scratch for your TIKI ART collection...because that's the waye you rolles, dig...

But just wonderin if a Kool Kat like you...beyond your love for SHAG, Bacardi, and the DEREK, has interest in this site's focus? Ya know, ...the preservation of classic mid-century Tiki Bars and American Polynesia-inspired design? Dig.

Don't get me wrong, I find you amusing...but just kinda curious? After all, you did send Mai Tai a Christmas card, so can't write you off yet. Mai Tai's the guy. Dig :wink:

Do you have a regular day/evening bar gig in which we can come see ya? Would love to try some of your tasty drinks. They sound DELICIOUS. Like a breath of fresh AIR. Thanks for your informative posts and great sized pictures! Look forward to meeting you at Oasis.

P.S. Can you please make your pictures smaller. They're hard to print out and hang on the fridge in the current format. Thank you!

CL

P.S. xo xo to JT. From CL and MT! :D

G
GROG posted on Fri, Jan 4, 2008 3:09 PM

GROG blew up the Shag print and it REALLY was your head in the water JT!

grog make funny. tarzan laugh. :lol:

Update: Just got this e-mail:
"TARYN MANNING UNABLE to make Event tonight due to Illness"

Oh no! Wildsville, did you feed her one of your cocktails BEFORE the opening of the show!?

T

On 2008-01-04 14:18, Coco Loco wrote:
Hey Peep,

Wow, 10 personal posts on your own thread today. That's good!

Knowing that U R super swamped pouring for the famous, getting super exclusive sneak peaks at art, researching fabulous new Bacardi recipes, and showing off your err frado ... you've made me curious. Do read the rest of the site, beyond your own posts? Lots o' mmmm M Modern threads for ya to enjoy.

I know ya wanna party with us all, but need to stay close the the homested to save scratch for your TIKI ART collection...because that's the waye you rolles, dig...

But just wonderin if a Kool Kat like you...beyond your love for SHAG, Bacardi, and the DEREK, has interest in this site's focus? Ya know, ...the preservation of classic mid-century Tiki Bars and American Polynesia-inspired design? Dig.

Don't get me wrong, I find you amusing...but just kinda curious? After all, you did send Mai Tai a Christmas card, so can't write you off yet. Mai Tai's the guy. Dig :wink:

Do you have a regular day/evening bar gig in which we can come see ya? Would love to try some of your tasty drinks. They sound DELICIOUS. Like a breath of fresh AIR. Thanks for your informative posts and great sized pictures! Look forward to meeting you at Oasis.

P.S. Can you please make your pictures smaller. They're hard to print out and hang on the fridge in the current format. Thank you!

That's right G'ville Man ...stay focus on the site ..stay focus on the site... stay focus on the site !!!!! Dig.. Dig.. Dig..

O.K. I was wrong,It wasn't WEBSTER in the "PALM SPRINGS AT NIGHT" ART!!!!!!

NO,MANNING CHICK DIDN'T'T SHOW (BECAUSE OF ILLNESS) NO,I DIDN'T"T SLIP HER A WORLD FAMOUS COCKtail BEFORE THE SHOW,I WISH I DID!!!!!!!!!DIG?

YES,I READ OTHER POST FROM TC'ERS BUT I USUALLY DON"T COMMENT ON THEM BECAUSE I DON"T WANT SOME GUY"S
COMMENTS ABOUT ME TO DISTRACT FROM THERE AWESOME IDEA'S!!!

I AM THE DRIFTER OF BAR-TENDING,I MOVE AROUND AND DO PRIVATE PARTY'S WITH MY BUD CAPTAIN McRORY
a.k.a. RORY SNYDER) WHO HAS AN AWESOME BUSINESS PLAN AND NO BENEFIT'S TO SPEAK OF,EXCEPT DRINKING ON THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!

I WILL TRY TO SHRINK THE PICTURES BUT I'M NOT THAT SAVVY ON THE P.C. YET. YOU SEEN HOW LONG IT TOOK TO SCAN THE PICTURE FOR THE AWESOME MAI TAI!!!!!!!

I WILL BE SENDING PICTURES OF THE EVENT LATER TODAY!!!! I WILL NEVER USE ALL CAPITAL LETTERS AGAIN!!!

NOW I SHALL EAT MY BREAKFAST "RUBBA DUBBA DUB THANKS FOR THE GRUBB"

IS THIS WEBSTER THEN?

On closer inspection I see it is Jungle Trader,GID? See ya on the flip-side!!!!!!!!!!!

Mildsville man and President of wildsville inc in front of "palm springs by night" at M Modern

Some shot's from the show!!!!!!!! I hope you like

SHAG at his BEST!!!!!!

Miles Thompson, This guy is so Kool that he's HOT!!!!!!

Miles Thompson large and in charge!!!!!!

Tim Biskup and I just hanging out!!!!

My newest piece of art!!!! Tim Biskups Queen of Diamonds The Wildsville Man is very happy,DIG?

Heather Watts is the Tiki Queen and is featured on the cover of TIKI MAGAZINE now!!!!!

TIKI TONY RULES!!!! But this show was so packed that it was displayed in a strange place!!!!

All original art that any Tiki fan will love

This is Wildsville man saying "keep your elbow at a 45,Dig"

More pictures sent to me from M Modern's Show!!!!!!!!!Hope it flip's your switch,DIG?

Some Old Shag,You can see that he has improved!!!!!!! History at it's best

This is a Picture of Jay (owner of M Modern) Myself,Everlast girl and my friend Smokey(right to left)
This is also Jay's private collection that he was nice enough to show!!!!!!

This is the beginning of a hate crime!!!!!!!!

Hope you enjoy and you can get to M modern before the show ends!!!!!!!!

Wildsville man ~ Tiki-rrific pics!! Mahalo for taking the time to post them :)

I thought the weather would keep you away,so I'm bringing it to you in the O.C.!!!!DIG?
On May 10th they will be doing a 5 year anniversary show that will be all TIKI!!!!!All New!!!
and you my friend are the first to hear about it!!!!!!! I will be posting updates as I receive them..

Stay on the sunny side-of-life my friend!!!!!

Pages: 1 30 replies