Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Bali Hai / Kowloon Jan. 19/20

Pages: 1 31 replies

Aloha NE Ohana! Mrs. Lurker and I will be in Boston Jan 18-21, wondered if anyone wanted to join us for dinner at either Bali Hai on 1/19, Kowloon on 1/20 or both! also being my first trip to the NE any suggestions for touristy fun would be appreciated.

PS. Rugbymatt road trip????

S

I'll do my best to show up, probably Sunday.

J

I'm thinking the 19th might be good for us. I'll check in with Mrs. Johnman to see if we have anything else going on. I'm also hoping to score some more mugs at the Bali Hai too!

Great,
Hope the days work for you guys? anyone else?? We can't wait!

B

20th is playoffs, and (hopefully) there's a game I'll be at...

the 19th looks good however...

Nicole and I will be in town for the long weekend - the 19th is a definite possibility for the Loon. We'll try to escape family obligations for a short while.

If things work out according to plan, Bargoyle and I will both be in Foxboro with 60,000 of our closest friends on Sunday. But, (dare I say it) if things don't work out well this weekend, I will definitely need many many drinks next weekend and will have nothing to do on Sunday.

S

Sounds like I better plan to show up at the Hai on the 19th.

Bargoyle - order 2 of anything you drink.

J

We are officially in for the 19th. Also if anyone wants a bottle of Thomas Tew Rum delivered to them at the Bali Hai on the 19th PM me.

Woo Hoo! My 1st Tiki gathering of the new year!

Can't wait to see you all!

OK - sounds good, but I am confused.

Are we meeting at Bali Hai or Kowloon on the 19th? Has a time been set? Does anybody really know what time it is? Where is my hat?

I am going to sit down now.

J

Looks like the schedule is as follows:

1/19/08
Bali Hai
Time: ???

1/20/08
Kowloon
Time: ???

I think I have the days correct - we just need to fill in the time blank and we're all set. I'm only in for the 19th unfortunately. Also if we can make the time 6PM or later that would work really well for us.

Nicole and I will be in only for the 19th too - goin' down to foxboro on Sunday to see the Pats and Chah-jahs square off.

after 6pm sounds great - how bout 6:30 meet in the bar, see how many we are at around 7 or so and then get some tables and eat?

also, since this is a kinda sorta new england thread - lookie what was here in NYC last friday:

B

Nice!!!!

Great pic with the trophy Joe!!!

I'll see ya on Saturday night, and we can work out meeting up for the Pats game.

w00t!!!!!

Hey all,

Sorry nothings been posted, been pm'ing with Bargoyle for particulars. So looks like the 19th at BH will be 6:30 - 7:00 to meet up in the bar for cocktails dinner to follow....N.E. Ohana do we need a reservation?? the 20th will be around the same time for Kowloon. Look forward to meeting you all will post our pic later so you all can find us, I cannot wait!

P.S. Johnman, please put us down for a bottle!

Ia Orana, Tei hea te fare inuinura'a? Hina'aro oe e inu? Or Hello, Wheres the bar? Do you want a drink?

[ Edited by: Hinano_Paul 2008-01-15 06:56 ]

OK here we are be on the look out!

J

Joe - Great pic man! Man it's a great time to be a sports fan in New England.

Miss and I are shooting for 6:30 so I should be there for the warm up rounds.

Also - last chance to put in your Thomas Tew rum orders. I'm going to Joyal's tomorrow but I will check my messages before the 4PM (EST).

If for some reason I can't get enough to fill the orders, it will be RAFFLE TIME! Hopefully there's enough to go around.

See you all on Saturday!

On 2008-01-14 20:27, Hinano_Paul wrote:
OK here we are be on the look out!

We hope you have a Tiki-rrific Trip!!! Take lots of pics to post :)

Hey Guys
Allllloooooooooha!
Anybody heading to the Bali Hai tomorrow (sat) and headin down the 95 from Maine.
I live right by the Hampton tollbooths and got no wheels! wa wa waaaaah

would love to go, but this damn state has no public transportation in my area. Ugh!

Oh well, thought I'd try. Let me know if its posible. Mahalo
J

T

Sorry JP, I'll wave as I drive by. I'm heading North for some cooler weather!

Beth

Thanks Beth - Have fun in Maine - find some good schwag

I figured it out - i'll be there at Bali Hai! 6ish
woohoo
Plains trains and automobiles... maybe even a chinese junk

see you all soon

J

Sweet! Glad to hear you can make it Jon. Looks like we'll have a pretty good turnout.

We're heading out in a matter of moments. Dropping the kids off for the night and then we're on our way.

Good news for the Tew customers - I was able to get exactly what was ordered.

See you all really soon...

We had a great time at the Bali Hai on Saturday night - drinks were strong, the food was tasty and the ohana was 'the best'. Here are a few pics I took!

The gang, in the dining room

The dining room!

We love the Bali Hai!

When at the Bali Hai - you gotta buy mugs!

If this was a chinese restaurant they call these guys - 'The four faces of Happiness'

Great to see you all! Nice to meet you and your wife Paul! See you back in Socal

[ Edited by: jpmartdog 2008-01-21 20:06 ]

Glad someone got some pics.

Paul, it was great to meet you & your wahine. Tell us what you thought of the Kowloon. (Did any Ohana get out the Kowloon with ya on Sunday?)

I hope you guys had a fun trip out here, and a safe journey home.

AloooHA!!!!

BIG second on what Bargoyle said - it was great to catch up with some of the SoCal ohana in addition to the NE ohana.

I am sure the temperature on Sunday did not make you guys want to move to New England. It was COLD.

As for the NE folks - definitely WAY too long between visits. I gotta do something about that.

Of course there is always room in the Desmond Tiki Motel for those coming to (or through) NYC!

So glad Nicole and I were able to catch up with everyone.

S

Looks like a great time was indeed had by all! I'll be coming into town from Feb 1-6... any chance I could rally the troops for Round 2? I'd love to meet some of you! I do want to make a trip to Kowloon. I'll also happily take any suggestions for a good place to watch the Superbowl that particular Sunday. Thanks!

Suzanne

Kowloon on Saturday Feb 2nd? Sounds good to me.

Aloha NE Ohana!

It was great meeting you all at last! Johnman, Bargoyle, Scott, JP, Leisure, Nicole, and everyone else (I warned you I was horrible with names)Mrs. Lurker and I truly enjoyed partying and sharing time with you! You guys are a great bunch.

Bargoyle again thank you for the menu which is now one of my favorite pieces!

Johnman and the Mrs. a huge MAHALO to you two, not only did you enable us to get some killer rum, but we cannot thank you enough for the ride and the time for getting to know you better!

Will post our pics tomorrow.

S

On 2008-01-22 11:57, Bargoyle wrote:
Kowloon on Saturday Feb 2nd? Sounds good to me.

Sounds like a plan. What time?

Bali Hai

Now thats a PuPu Platter

Everything is better with FIRE!

Incredible Lamps

Sweet back lit photos

And the Ohana!

As for Kowloon, WOW is all I can say!

Mrs. Lurker and her Monkey!

Love the water feature

This one is for Rugby "Indiana Jones" Matt

Man that's a lot of rum!

Again NE Ohana, thank you for all the hospitality, you all rock! Can't wait to do it again!

J

Johnman strolling in a week later... Hey I had an awesome time last Saturday. Wish we could have hit the Kowloon with you as well but maybe next time.

Here's some pics that I grabbed:

Bargoyle feels the food should flame some more (Scottes is getting concerned!).

mmm... A pile of fried goodness

Bargoyle and Jess battle it out

Hinano Paul and Mrs. Lurker soaking up the Bali Hai vibe

Jon is dreaming of the volcanic mountain of meat he just ordered

Jon is dreaming of the volcanic mountain of meat he just ordered

Oh Yes! The Volcanic mountain of meat....MMMMMMM....MEAT, Man that was good....The best was the depression on John's face when I got mine first!

Anyway here you go John another view of that meat plate from the gods!

Pages: 1 31 replies