Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

1/14 & 1/15/08 - Mr. Ho comes to the Mai Kai (Ft. Lauderdale but you knew that)

Pages: 1 12 replies

MH
Mr. Ho posted on Thu, Jan 3, 2008 8:23 PM

Okonkuluku!

TC Ohana - where is ya'll! ? Mr. ho is visiting Florida - got a last minute cheapass ticket to florida with my lady who got a gig down there; which means one thing: MAI KAI TIME!

We will likely be there 1/14 for drinkos! who down? Already alerted the management.

MH
Mr. Ho posted on Thu, Jan 3, 2008 8:27 PM

this could be on 1/15 too. i am not totally sure yet. but we'll see! could be both nights!

Mr. Ho!!

You must allow me to make you a Mai Tai at the Sunken Pearl (my home bar). It would be an honor!

I'm not sure but the Mai Kai was closing on Mondays for a while so the 15th might be the best day. I can double check tomorrow.

Will be great to see you!

MH
Mr. Ho posted on Thu, Jan 3, 2008 9:54 PM

We'd be honored! although note that we won't have a car.... we're staying in hollywood and probably relying on cabs...

Looks like the Mai Kai is in for one wild night!

Monday, January 14, Molokai Lounge!

To borrow from the Wildsman.... Be There or Be Square!

So yep, they are open on Mondays since December. Are you going to be making it both nights? Do let us know!!

Mr. Ho, really looking forward to seeing you in these parts. Let me know if you want to take a trip to Miami during your stay. I'd happily be your ride.

Looking forward to the 14th. Let us know when you'll have an ETA @ the Molokai.

Liz

MH
Mr. Ho posted on Tue, Jan 8, 2008 1:59 PM

yo everyone (hey i dream of tiki!)

so, looks like monday be the day. maybe 8pm kickoff for drinkos? we get in at 440pm. Approved Containers? exotic goodness all around? we got any haole katz up in this here?

ho

p.s. my lady looking for cool vintage threads in fort lauderdale for perhaps a quick shopping jaunt pre mai kai. suggestions? (we have to get her out of her hip NYC/manhattan wear into Approved Attire).

Mr. Ho,

Just got your email about the vintage threads - I'll reply to that email but don't worry, we'll find something. Are you guys gonna be mobile? Otherwise, I can pick you up and take you two to a couple of shops - and I'm sure I Dream of Tiki would be happy to as well!

Just let me know!

A fun time was had by all.

To those of you who didn't make it, the table next to us got a Mystery Bowl so of course we got to enjoy the presentation as much as they did.

MH

Hey i was there!

Mahalo to chip and andy for hosting a great night and surprise visit from I Dream. TK, we missed you!

ho

Glad to c u all made it - to meet up with Mr. Ho!

Hee Hee :wink:
:drink:
c ya soon Mr. Ho!

Mr. Ho - glad to see you on Tuesday night, would have loved to have joined the festivities at the Mai Kai but just couldn't make it!! Hope you guys liked the restaurant, Downtown Hollywood is so charming! Thanks for dinner!!

Pages: 1 12 replies