Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Searching for Tiki in Japan

Pages: 1 11 replies

I'm running off to Japan for 10 day in February. Most my time will be spent in Tokyo (Shibuya, Shinagawa, Akihabara, Harajuku, Ikebukuro) though I am heading up north to the Winter Snow Festival in Sapporo. I looked in past posts and found a Trader Vic's and a small restaurant/bar in Shibuya. Any other sights I should hit? Any place I can pick up some great Tiki items? I'll be also hitting Disney Toko, anything nifty to look out for there?

[ Edited by: TikiMonkeySpirtos 2008-01-04 02:24 ]

[ Edited by: TikiMonkeySpirtos 2008-01-04 08:27 ]

[ Edited by: TikiMonkeySpirtos 2008-01-04 08:44 ]

T

I was just there last month, and made my first visit to the Tiki Tiki in the Shinjuku area of Tokyo! It's was well worth it and they have a few cool mugs too.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=4857&forum=2&start=15&23

Have fun out there!

Is there a Train Stop in Shinjuku ?

Is "Sun Aloha" still around? I saw a post from 2005. Were is it off the train station (notice a theme here)?

T

I can't tell you anything about "Sun Aloha" ... I've never heard of it.

As for the Tiki Tiki.. it's really easy to get to. It's easy walking distance from the Shinjuku subway station. I usually took the Yamanote JR line, but I think there are several subway lines that stop at that station.

I could probably make a more detailed map of it's location once you get out of the subway station if you want.

Last time I went to Tokyo I used the main rail in Shinagawa and traveled the large loop around town. Any directions would be great.

The first two days I'm staying in a Capsule Hotel in Akihabara, anything hidden there?

T

I have never found anything "Tiki" in the Akihabara area... but that is a cool place.

There are lots of crazy anime and electronics stores. There's also the amazingly huge Yodobashi Akiba store, just across from the Akihabara train station. That place has everything, electronics, video games, appliances, toys, books... it's a lot of fun to walk around in.

T

I looked around and I had a map on a flyer that I picked up at the TikiTiki. My scanner here at work is only black and white, so I apologize for the quality. I marked the spot with a red arrow.

Anyway, just get yerself to the Shinjuku station via any of the trains. From Akihabara, the easiest is probably the JR Yamanote line going counter-clockwise. Head to the East Exit of the train station, and then follow the map. It's really easy to find. Once you get to this building:

You're there, the restaurant is on the fourth floor. have fun!

O

My brother sent me this photo from a building in Tokyo he photographed this year. Wish I had a address to give you but I bet a scoshi cab driver will know from the picture.

Have a great trip.

S

On 2008-01-04 08:25, TikiMonkeySpirtos wrote:
Is there a Train Stop in Shinjuku ?

Shinjuku is one of the MAIN stations in Tokyo which connects you with the whole megalopolis .

Z
Zeta posted on Wed, Jan 13, 2010 3:09 PM

I was not sure where to post this, but this thread name sounds cool so...

Donald duck with tiki

Japanese calling card

Pages: 1 11 replies