Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Polynesian tiki....a french artkitect was there....

Pages: 1 2 replies

V
vanzac posted on Sun, Jan 6, 2008 2:24 AM

Hi everyone, or should I say 'Ia Orana" the tahitian way... (or taehr mahalo!!!
Ia Orana (the Tahitian way to say "Hi!!") or should I say "Mahalo!!!

I'm a french architect. I've been living in Tahiti for a few years in a recent past. And finally came back to Paris, my hometown. I wrote a travel book for a french editor and i work now on a couple of projects, related to Polnbesia, a travel diary with hundreds of illustrations and photographs and an "anti-guide", in a way the bask side of the mirror, with humor and fun. 2 years in the earthen Paradise.....
We opened our blog http://www.tahitiblues.blogspot.com and invite al of you to pay us a visit. It's still only in french but we have hundreds of ilustrations, and photographs, most of them about tikis, and marquesan taoo and sculpture. I have this passion for tikis and try to communicate it through our site.

"Na na" as they say for "good bye" in Tahiti.

In the hope to have the pleasure to have a visit from you all!!
Feel free to ask any questions about the polynesian life ..... and sign ouy guest book!

I work on the english version of our site, but still, with almost 300 photos and paintings, one can fell the "MANA", the Tahitian spirit !!!

stephane

[ Edited by: vanzac 2008-02-15 15:05 ]

Welcome to Tiki Central!
Thank you for posting your blog. The artwork is really lovely. Beautifully done.

V
vanzac posted on Wed, Jan 9, 2008 5:05 AM

Many others to see on my brand new blog about Polynesia.
This photograph seems to come right from Levy Strauss bags (remember his famous book "the sad tropics" written in 1955)......but it's mine, taken a couple of years ago (circa 2000), during the famous "HEIVA" the big feasts of the Islands, traditionnel chants, songs, ceremonies (some are not public) ......

http://www.tahitiblues.blogspot.com

stephane

Pages: 1 2 replies