Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

The Fall Guy in Hawaii....

Pages: 1 16 replies

Hey Gang,

While watching a DVD of the first season of that 80's classic (stretching) The Fall Guy starring Lee Majors, I found a few episodes where Colt heads to Hawaii. There are some nice Tiki scenes including the cabin where they stayed. Of course, what's Waikiki/Hawaii episode without Don Ho. I captured a few scenes just so you can have a looksie...

Hope you like. I did enjoy reminiscing with this TV series. This episode was from 1981.

Rick

T

mmmm.... heather thomas

I know, that's why I added that picture....

BB

No picture of the Tom Selleck cameo?

BOO!

Boris, don't tell me you're a Tom Selleck fan...and I thought that blonde was Humu Humu! That all looks very much like sets, probably outfitted by Oceanic Arts. Did that sign lead to the restaurant in the picture..?..cause that ain't the Tahitian Lanai. :)

Great frame capture, thank you.

On 2008-01-07 16:17, Bora Boris wrote:
No picture of the Tom Selleck cameo?

BOO!

Bora,

Different episode, but just saw that one today too. I'll get you a capture... LOL

Rick

On 2008-01-07 16:45, bigbrotiki wrote:
Did that sign lead to the restaurant in the picture..?..cause that ain't the Tahitian Lanai. :)

No, that was just part of the openning when the crew hit the island..

Rick

Here ya go...

N

It's good to see the Tahitian Lanai sign in its full glory, I rememeber it spent most of its declining years with a few burnt out letters badly needing to be replaced

BB

Thanks Bogielocks!

Big Bro I don't mind Tom Selleck, I just remembered that episode and thought it was neat because The Fall Guy was on ABC while Magnum P.I. was on CBS and a cameo like that was cool when I was 14. Thinking "Wow everyone in Hollywood does know and like each other and it's a constant party."

Now I know that everyone in Hollywood does know each other and pretends to like each other for as little time as possible.

Which is why I like it here so much. :lol:

On 2008-01-07 18:48, Bora Boris wrote:

Now I know that everyone in Hollywood does know each other and pretends to like each other for as little time as possible.

Which is why I like it here so much. :lol:

Now I'm bummed, I thought you really liked me. Thats ok I still like you Boris!

On 2008-01-07 22:46, Hinano_Paul wrote:

I like you too Paul but don't you live in Orange? :roll:

[ Edited by: Bora Boris 2008-01-07 23:19 ]

T

On 2008-01-07 16:45, bigbrotiki wrote:
Boris, don't tell me you're a Tom Selleck fan...and I thought that blonde was Humu Humu! That all looks very much like sets, probably outfitted by Oceanic Arts. Did that sign lead to the restaurant in the picture..?..cause that ain't the Tahitian Lanai. :)

That is TOTALLY a set. The giveaways to me are the lighting in the first exterior shot, and then the sponge painted walls of the interior.

On 2008-01-07 23:15, Bora Boris wrote:

On 2008-01-07 22:46, Hinano_Paul wrote:

I like you too Paul but don't you live in Orange? :roll:

[ Edited by: Bora Boris 2008-01-07 23:19 ]

Not trying to hijack this post I swear but.... OK Boris your correct but I look at it this way, Hollywood is part of LA so its often refered to as LA, we now have the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (don't get me started) so that's part of LA now I guess and since I am only a few miles from the stadium and my entire Hillbilly family back east refers to me as living in LA, I assume I am from LA or the LA area so in some weird way un-geographically I am part of LA in which Hollywood lies so are we technically neighbors? Hows that for wacky thinking! Oh my god I have turned into our odd TC friend! Forget all I have said. love ya brudda, talk to you soon!

Why the heck was he still in jeans (with a big azz belt buckle) and blazer while in Hawaii? Kudos to the wardrobe dept.

Boris - As long as you know I've been pretending to like you, I'll stop. Even if I do live in Orange County.

Paul - I still like you

Fashion Police Badge #DNH

BB

This is awful!

Bogielocks please post another screen capture and get this thread out of the mess I've made.

Thanks!

Your wish is my command.......

Now what were we talking about?

Pages: 1 16 replies