Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

I could have been seeing things but...

Pages: 1 10 replies

Did I just witness a Sprint Wireless commercial in which Little Richard has a serious MULLET?

Kahuna~
Yes, that's exactly what you saw...a mullet! He's had a toned-down version of one before, but it was very pronounced for that commercial. Oh, and if that wasn't enough for you, check out http://mulletsgalore.com.

I don't make a habit of making fun of peoples hair, since I've had my share of being pointed at, stared at, laughed at, etc., during my rockabilly days, and still to this day, even being taunted by some 'good-ole-boys' during my recent antiquing trip to Southern Illinois and St. Louis. "Hey Elvis!" and then running behind their pickup truck was the best they could think up at the time.

I knew they were behind the truck since THEIR MULLETS WERE STICKING OUT!

SugarCaddyDaddy

Was it the Beastie Boys who invented the term 'mullet'? Before them it was just called 'ice hockey hair', right?

Trader Woody

Was it the Beastie Boys who invented the term 'mullet'? Before them it was just called 'ice hockey hair', right? It's just that we've never really had that many mulleteers over here in the UK.

Trader Woody

Trader Woody, I believe Nick Cave is living in London and he sported a mullet for a while.

M

Hey Woody-

The mullet is a complex and glorious thing, which is not easily categorized. However, amny fine variants of the "ape drape" were quite popular in the UK in the 80s. Please see: Limahl, David Bowie, Howard Jones, most of Duran Duran, etc.

Also known as the: Sho-Lo, Yep-Nope, Business in the Front- Party in the Back, and the Canadian Passport.

I HIGHLY reccomend that you watch all eight segments of "The Mullet Chronicles" on Atom Films:

http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/af/comedy/series/mulletchronicles/

-martin

T

Don't forget the "Kentucky Waterfall".

You know, "Business in the front, Party in the back" would make a great halloween costume - get a mullet wig. Then cut an old suit from the Salvation army in half from top to bottom. Then take a party oufit of your choice - Bud shirt and wrestling pants, for isntance - and cut it in half like the suit. Sew the two sides together with the business side in the front and the party side in the back, put on the wig, and voila!

M

I have every intention of stealing that fantastic idea, Fishy.

-martin

Tikifish, your idea is brilliant!

T

Feel free to steal the idea - all I ask in return is photos!!!

Pages: 1 10 replies