Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

NYC Mini Crawl

Pages: 1 25 replies

T

Nell and Steve of Otto's extend this open invitation to all area and visiting Tiki-philes

The Agenda
dinner at Surf Bar (N. 6th bet. Bedford & Berry) see: http://nymag.com/listings/restaurant/surf-bar/menus/dinner.html
They have sand on the floor and bikini mugs and tiki drinks. Decor is surf shack

drinks at Zombie Hut 273 Smith St Between Degraw Street and Sacket Street (718) 875-3433 see: http://nymag.com/listings/bar/zombie_hut/

drinks at Otto's Shrunken Head 538 e. 14th st bet A&B http://www.ottosshrunkenhead.com

Looking to do this in February so let's hear what y'all think is a good day to do this. We would prefer a weekday as we have to work weekends. Nell works Monday nights so if it's a monday we'd have to start a little earlier

Thanks to all that came out to give Fisherman an unforgetable farewell!

[ Edited by: tastysp 2008-01-08 13:07 ]

Any night except Tuesday works for CaptainQuad and myself.

K

What a fun idea. The Surf bar is a fun place and great for those
who enjoy eating seafood.

If I know in advance what evening you guys choose, I can try and
arrange not to have to work that night.

Fang and I are in. Maybe we'll head early to Williamsburg for a
little apartment hunting.

[ Edited by: KikiTiki 2008-01-08 15:33 ]

We are around for most of February.

I imagine that you are not including Fridays as weekdays (which would be best), then Thursdays would be best.

Joe & Nicole

I'd like to try
weekdays are best for me - but lets see what works!

UT

Mary and I would participate. I second the vote for Thursday.

K

Hoping this will still happen - at least the Surf Bar in Williamsburg and then Otto's!
Hopefully after the 25th of Feb?

B

If this is done on a weekend, I'll head down for it (I'm gone 2/27-3/2, but if its other dates, Im all over it)

How 'bout we just pick a date and make something work for whoever can show?

March 8?

T

March 8 is fine but Nell & I both have to work at Otto's by 10pm so as long as we're able to be there by 10 it should be ok. It may mean that dinner will have to be early or we could start at Zombie at around 5-6ish and have dinner at Surf Bar at 7ish. The other complication is that Nell's birthday is that weekend so I'm not sure what she has planned. She's in Hawaii till 2/20

We're in Palm Springs 3/10-17 so maybe after?

Any updates as to when we can do this? I may play hookie from work for it!

Is this event still on! Would like to try to attend!

T

Since KiKi will be away from 3/10-3/17 let's do it sometime afterwards. Let's say thurs 3/20? or Sat 3/22?

That lets CaptainQuad and me out--we'll be in Cancun until 3/23. Not that we expect to be planned around! :D

On 2008-02-08 11:46, leisure master wrote:

March 8?

Sorry if I am being boneheaded here, but I can't tell why March 8 is a problem for anyone. It's after Bargoyle's unavailable dates and before Kiki's and VTL's unavailable dates.

I understand that Steve and Nell have to be at Otto's by 10, but I don't know why we can't start early like 5 or 6pm in Brooklyn or Queens, hit a few spots and then all go to Otto's together for 10pm (or catch up with Steve and Nell at Ottos after 10pm).

Any objections? Bueller?

Hell, I am now officially planning on going out that night with or without you people, so feel free to join in :drink: :D

We'll be in NH on the 8th, but could easily do the 7th or 9th. We'd really love to do this, but have a family obligation that day.

It scares me how quickly the weekends are filling up. March and April are almost gone. :o

Dont plan around me. If it doesnt work for me, no biggie. I'll get down there soon & drag the willing ones out for a supreme liver workout.

Also, for what its worth, a few of us in NE were thinking about a run to Philly pretty soon. Hit the Rum bar, my favorite cheesesteak place, etc. You NYC'ers are more than welcome (and closer than us too!!!)

If we're free we'd definitely be up for a Philly trip! I love Philly, but have only been on business, and so haven't been able to do it justice.

If you guys wanna do Philly there is always room to crash here in Allentown. St. Patiki's Day is coming up and I will be getting a fresh keg o' Guinness for the 15th!

On 2008-02-25 11:01, tastysp wrote:
Since KiKi will be away from 3/10-3/17 let's do it sometime afterwards. Let's say thurs 3/20? or Sat 3/22?

We're available both days, and we're also available March 8 if that turns out to be good for anyone/everyone. In any case, see y'all this Saturday for surf! :)

K

In all fairness, this whole event was the brainchild of Steve and Nell.
I think that since this is their idea they should pick the date and time and then
it is optional for the rest of us if our schedules fit around it.

I love the Surf Bar in Williamsburg and we'd be happy to go there for dinner
any time even with 1 or 2 other people. There's plenty to do in Williamsburg
alone and Otto's is an easy stop on the way back on the L train.

On 2008-02-25 11:48, leisure master wrote:

On 2008-02-08 11:46, leisure master wrote:

March 8?

Sorry if I am being boneheaded here, but I can't tell why March 8 is a problem for anyone. It's after Bargoyle's unavailable dates and before Kiki's and VTL's unavailable dates.

I understand that Steve and Nell have to be at Otto's by 10, but I don't know why we can't start early like 5 or 6pm in Brooklyn or Queens, hit a few spots and then all go to Otto's together for 10pm (or catch up with Steve and Nell at Ottos after 10pm).

Any objections? Bueller?

Hell, I am now officially planning on going out that night with or without you people, so feel free to join in :drink: :D

At this point it's unlikely we'd be able to make a weekend in March, so we'll wait to see what you all plan. If we can make it, great. If not, fine.

T

Nell is having her birthday party next wed. march 5th so I'm not sure if she wants to do the 8th. BTW you are all invited! it's at 9pm at Otto's! I'll talk to her tonite and we'll figure out a date soon probably late March or early April
steve/otto's

K

What time is the party?

On 2008-02-27 11:41, tastysp wrote:
Nell is having her birthday party next wed. march 5th so I'm not sure if she wants to do the 8th. BTW you are all invited! it's at 9pm at Otto's! I'll talk to her tonite and we'll figure out a date soon probably late March or early April
steve/otto's

T

It's at 9pm
I'll also be playing that night with my pick-up band Killah Pang!

Pages: 1 25 replies