Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Rugbymatt back in St Pete/Tampa 9 Jan.

Pages: 1 9 replies

R

Aloha, I'm baaaaack!

Time for my annualy conference at the Vinoy in St. Pete. I will be staying over on Friday the 9th so I wanted to see if the local ohana were up for anything?

[ Edited by: rugbymatt 2008-01-09 19:32 ]

[ Edited by: Rugbymatt 2008-12-05 09:14 ]

Pablus,

Mahalo for being such a great host last Saturday when I was in town. Now I am back where the snow is gently falling......aaargh! Anyway here are some snaps of a great day out:

tailgating tiki style

The Gulf of Tiki Resolution

Sunset Pablus

beachside tiki bar at the famous Thunderbird motel

tiki bar roof sign

Gulf coast sunset

Florida's ultimate tiki-sports bar "The Hut" at John's Pass
Nice front door

and the boardwalk entrance

Cool water feature

Got enough TV's?

P

Yeah, one flat screen over every giant pole.
The poles are actually pretty nice - concretish plasticized sort of stuff.

It was a fun afternnon and evening, Mr. Matt.
Tiki Gardens Parking Lot is just sad.

Oh and for you Floridians - Norman's in St. Pete doesn't sell Trader Vics syrups anymore.

T

Brothers seperated at birth, back together !!!!!

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Loved the Thunderbird. Stayed there last year and spent way too much money at that little tiki bar! The beaches are beautiful, but you better be ready for a hike to get down to the water. While we were there it had to be a half mile. There were chairs halfway to take a breather/drink!! Would recommend that place to anyone looking for fun, sun and a mid-quality room.

Matt,

I am so excited I thought it was just the two of us....now were triplets! Cant wait to meet our third brother in June!

Ia Orana, Tei hea te fare inuinura'a? Hina'aro oe e inu? Or Hello, Wheres the bar? Do you want a drink?

[ Edited by: Hinano_Paul 2008-01-23 16:42 ]

P

<I am so excited I thought it was just the two of us....now were triplets! Cant wait to meet our third brother in June! >

Yeah, mom got around.
Or dad.
Somebody.

btw, Matt - thanks for the stogie, I smoked it Tuesday at a Jazz Club and the essence was so pervasive that a well-dressed gentleman (wearing a freaking ascot) came over and asked to see the cigar. Shook his head - said he liked those - and then we struck up a conversation. After about 30 minutes - it was determined that The Amber Love Goddess and I should stay at his villa in Tuscany. He presented me with an email address and that led to some web photos. The place is basically a castle. So now we've got a place to stay in Tuscany all because of your cigar.

Got any more?

I need a new car, a 3 month stay at a health spa and a ticket on the space plane.
So, you better send 4 or 5 of them.

Pablus,

Glad to help you strike up ne acquiantences. I always have plenty of quality smokes on hand. Was tha a Rocky Patel Fusion I left you with (blue band)? I'll have plenty at Hukilau.

Matt

R

Back again this year and will be staying over the evening of the 9th. Anybody up for some cocktails?

Pages: 1 9 replies