Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Space Pilot

Pages: 1 0 replies

If any Tiki-Ti patrons care to help me reverse engineer the vaunted Space Pilot, I would be thrilled to read your input. I tried making one the other night but I'm missing something. I've not been to Tiki ti in a month or so, but here's where we start:
Absolutely sure about: 1/2 ounce Coruba in the mix, 1 ounce Ron Matusalem 151, and a float of coruba on top. That's all the rum.
Things I have a pretty good hunch are ingredients: lemon, pineapple, passion fruit syrup, bitters
but unfortunately, if you add all those up, you just made a strong Trader Vic's grog, (page 85 grog log) which is only unfortunate because it doesn't taste like a Space Pilot.

it could be lime juice for the citrus base instead of lemon, because when I watch the Buhens pour drinks I get the pineapple and lemon mixed up, since it looks essentially identical coming out of the speed pourer.

the secret's in all their little dashes. I swear they got the Pimento dram in an old cologne bottle, which I only see get busted out on the Navy grog

Pages: 1 0 replies