Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

vbtiki pics

Pages: 1 2 65 replies

V

thanx for the info surf and the input benzart, Ive been doin a little recon on some downed logs just waitin for the cover of darkness

Sweet beans you are going to town. NICE WORK !

V

Got a little bit of work done with the latest log still need to work on his head a bit but close to completion. I almost ran out of wood in the lower half

then the side view

Dude your stuff keeps getting better and better!!!!! i love the shorty 3 footers you did. way classy mate!

V

thanx sea-luff i appreciate the complements hopefully people will think they are cool when i do the parking lot sale but still lookin for a good location to post up at.

ST

Try hitting up some of the surf shops to see if they will let you use their parking lots. I'd check with WRV and Freedom (ask for Dave at Freedom).

There's also that empty lot at the corner of FC and Laskin where the Texaco used to be.

You might want to also contact the Virginia Longboard Federation and see about putting up a tent at the Steel Pier Classic during Memorial day weekend at first street. http://www.virginialongboardfederation.com/

[ Edited by: Surf tiki 2008-03-18 06:53 ]

V

oh yeah i forgot all about that spot thanx man lots of traffic there good thinkin

Aloha VBTIKI!!! Your tikis R looking good my friend,Aloha, Mooney

V

This was the tiki I posted a pic of last I used minwax natural on this log and it came out fairly well dry time was about 5 min.

This is another tiki I started getting down to the last logs in the shop. However I have come across a glorious dump site with countless logs so I'm sittin on cloud nine with about five larger logs waitin to be carved. Back to thie tiki at hand which was a terrible piece of turd wood that was holding the whole multi-colored wood grain until the last cuts but when you get that far you have to finish it.

This last one was also stained with the minwax natural I should have some more progress shots with all the new lumber I came across.

Happy carving,
VBTIKI

V
VBTIKI posted on Thu, Apr 3, 2008 3:37 PM

Here are some pics of the latest work I've come to notice that I tend to carve a set of four logs with similar style faces then try something new

I left some bark on this one to see how it turned out

I also have a maple tiki that I carved as well my camera memory card is full so I'll take pics next time

ST

Looking great. I really like the little guy, is that elm?

S

Nice i like your style bold and daring. NICE CHOPS.

V

These are some of the latest tikis most of which were sold at a Surf Art show over the memorial day weekend. Got tons of new lumber and haven't had time to post pics.
Will keep posting pics as I come across them.

[ Edited by: VBTIKI 2008-05-30 19:55 ]

B

These look Great with the finish on them, Man you are Carving up a Storm, Save some logs for everyone eles! :lol:

V

thanx benz I've been carving almost every night for the last three weeks but the sales keep coming so i plan on staying busy for some time now. I also scored an awesome spot off of a busy road here in Virginia Beach and will be having my tikis on display so im pretty stoked thanx for the compliments. First Colonial rd. next toi NAPA for those locals who know the area.

S

Nice work! I love the color diff look.

V

Hey all been a while since I've posted but looks like everyone is still finding time to carve. I have been stayin busy lately i was lucky enough to get a larger job for the Tiki Seagrille off of sandbridge rd for those in VB. so swing by and check them out there are five seven footers i'll post the pics as soon as I get some.

R

I know this post is a few years old, but are you still in the area? Planning a trip to VA Beach in a few weeks.

Pages: 1 2 65 replies