Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Need help listing this "Thing" on oogamooga??

Pages: 1 26 replies

T

I need help listing this on oogamooga. How should it be listed? it's not really tiki, but by a tiki artist. Its not really a mug too...?

[ Edited by: thefuzz 2008-01-10 18:03 ]

[ Edited by: thefuzz 2008-01-10 18:21 ]

J

What is it?

T

pics are up

J

Have you checked the "help" page on Ooga-Mooga? It has an email address for questions, and a helpful FAQ section that begins with the following:

Q. What can I keep in my Ooga-Mooga Collection? What doesn't belong in Ooga-Mooga?
A. Ooga-Mooga is for mugs and other serveware with design roots in midcentury Polynesian Pop. At this point, postcards, matchbooks, and other Polynesian Pop collectibles are not tracked by Ooga-Mooga.

It doesn't seem to me that your sculpture fits into the category described above. But that's just my opinion. Check with Humuhumu at the address on the help page and see what she says.

"Ooga-Mooga lets you track your mug collection,
while showing it off to others!

Use Ooga-Mooga to:

Create a page for your own mug collection
Upload photos of your mugs
Organize your mug collection with tags
Learn more about your mugs (like what size drink fits best!)
Buy, sell and trade mugs with other collectors
Advertise eBay auctions of your mugs
Learn how much a mug has been selling for
Create a wish list of your favorite mugs
Get notified when a mug on your wish list comes up for sale or for trade"

While Ooga-Mooga did broaden its range last year to include salt & pepper shakers and other restaurant wares, its main focus is still mugs.

The participants are a fabulous mix of people who are wildly enthusiastic about tiki mugs.

Ooga-Mooga has a well defined scope, and it is up to the users to help maintain the integrity of the site.

Fuzz - I'm hoping that this was a nice way of asking that you not post this on Ooga-Mooga. There are many wonderful ways of displaying your prized tiki or non-tiki collectibles right here on Tiki Central. This thread that you've started is a great example of that.

T

I will try that. But, I think that being it's an non-Tiki it won't work...I was just hoping to add something different. Again Thanks A Ton!

I have collected a tiki for a short time from 2001 - 2003, then stopped. Why? beer! I am a huge beer drinker... love the stuff! Rum is ok, but beer culture lives on. Favorite drinking spot is here in Mukilteo (good camping, in native dialect) http://www.diamondknot.com/ I mostly drink the Industrial IPA.

Now, I have been into tiki again because of my girlfriend’s love of Trader Vic's here in Bellevue WA.

T

"Fuzz - I'm hoping that this was a nice way of asking that you not post this on Ooga-Mooga. There are many wonderful ways of displaying your prized tiki or non-tiki collectibles right here on Tiki Central. This thread that you've started is a great example of that."

Love that comment! I agree too. Just wanted someplace to show this non-tiki tiki-artist made item! Blah, what a mouth full. I think that this should be en example for some artists of tiki to branch out as well. I mean, who wouldn't love a PoP, Rock, Rap, etc mug by your favorite tiki artist...even if it's not tiki!

Thanks a TON!

T

So, oogamooga is for "tiki only" items right?

Just want to know.

On 2008-01-10 19:20, thefuzz wrote:
So, oogamooga is for "tiki only" items right?

Just want to know.

Technically, it's for Polynesian Pop items. I don't think that rum barrels and coconut mugs are "tiki," but they certainly qualify under the heading of Poly Pop.

T
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.