Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Slack Key Guitar Festival

Pages: 1 5 replies

I just stumbled across this. I don't know if anyone has mentioned it in other threads, but it looks really cool.

PRE CONCERT RECEPTION

Duke’s Malibu
21150 Pacific Coast Hwy
Malibu, CA 90265
Contact Brittany Powell
310-317-6204

Saturday Evening
January 19, 2008
6:00 - 10:00pm

Shake hands, get your CD’s autographed and “talk story” with the performers - all while you enjoy a delicious Hawaiian buffet created especially for this event in the beautiful Ocean Room at Duke’s in Malibu where you will be treated to a spectacular view of the ocean - often spotting dolphin, sea lions, surfers, and even whales!

Show your concert ticket for the next day’s performance and receive 2 free tickets for an opportunity drawing for great prizes to be won the day of the show. Plus, the first 50 to RSVP will receive a free Quiksilver Edition concert t-shirt for the first ever Southern California Slack Key Festival!

Space is limited, RSVP by noon January 14

CONCERT

January 20, 2008 3:00pm
Redondo Beach

We are kicking off the New Year 2008 with the Southern California Slack Key Festival - featuring some of the most respected names in traditional and modern Hawaiian guitar music, the musicians roster is nothing short of a who's who of slack key today, all on one stage for the first time ever in Southern California!

Doors open at 2:00pm - come enjoy delicious Hawaiian food, browse Hawaiian themed crafts featuring local vendors and enter an opportunity drawing for awesome prizes!

http://www.socalslackkeyfest.com/

Nice one Trader Tom - looks like fun.

Does this mean that lil' Joseph is going on his first Tiki Outing!!

mg

I'm hoping to go, but haven't bought tickets yet. Ilene is with Joseph and my mother-in-law visiting with my parents in Illinois right now. I need to get her okay before I book us a spot.

I might go to this. I got into Slack key guitar before Surf or tiki music.

is it recomended to get advamce tix?
will it sell out before the show?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2008-01-12 17:57, bigtikidude wrote:
I might go to this. I got into Slack key guitar before Surf or tiki music.

is it recomended to get advamce tix?
will it sell out before the show?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I'm not sure what the turn out is going to be like. If you go to the site and go through the motions of selecting tickets, it does a search to show best seats available. You can try it out when you're ready and see how sold out it is. The pre show event the night before will probably sell out pretty quick I would imagine, but you'd need to call the restaurant to check.

The Night before I am going to the Deke Dickerson's "Guitar Geek Festival"
at the Jolly Roger in Anaheim, in conjunction with the Namm show.
but thanks for the additional info.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Pages: 1 5 replies