Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Bizarre Theme Party Ideas

Pages: 1 21 replies

Me and my mates have decided to come up with (and throw) the most bizarre themed party we can come up with. So I thought perhaps some TC members would like to provide input! The idea is that it is a theme that no-one would think of doing, yet is still do-able.

Some thoughts:

Flemish Fun Friday

The Dairy Farm Party

The Party-odic Table of Elements

How about a preschool party? Everyone wears adult diapers and plays with toys while watching Schoolhouse Rock. The punch has been spiked, of course. :lol:

Foiled again
Try to see how many different and fun costumes you can make out of foil.

D

[ Edited by: DaneTiki 2009-08-30 19:25 ]

How about this:

"The Donner Party"

It is a winter party where the food at the table is labeled with the names of colonial pioneers, on makeshift crosses ("Which salsa do I want, Jeb or Karen?")

There are lots of great puns possible ("We'd like to have you for dinner!") and the invitations could be crudely drawn maps. Attire: coonskin caps and bonets. I think there's a lot you can do with this, depending on how far you want to take it (please, don't take it too far).

Okay, it's pretty sick. But it was a long time ago.

(for you Canadians, The Donner Party was a large group of westward settlers who got snowed in trying to cross a mountain pass. Most (if not all) died, and ended up eating each other in order to survive.)

~Hanford

T

Oh, I am familiar weith the Donner PArty! In fact I think I have cracked more than my fair share of Donner Party jokes myself.. only to get blank stares from my friends. It sucks to be a historical pop culture junkie sometimes...

That's an awesome idea... and all the food could just have quotes around it like "Chicken" kebabs... "Beef" stew... all it takes is a bit of punctuation to make you wonder...

I also like the Kingston Trio idea - but again, it would just meet with the blank stares... ahhhh!

T

Speaking of the Donner Party:

In the spirit of cross cultural creepy clan story swapping, may I present... THE BLACK DONNELLYS!

http://www.donnellys.com/

J

When I was reading through the Black Donnelly's webpage, I got to the part that mentioned the disappearance of the original Donnelly gravestone and it reminded me of a distinctive gravestone legend here in Baltimore...

http://www.baltimoremd.com/content/blackaggie.html

JohnTiki

Aloha from the enchanted Pi Yi Lanai in exotic Bel Air MD!

[ Edited by: johntiki on 2003-02-19 19:40 ]

This is from the Ghost of Bizzare Theme Party Ideas Past. When I was in college (early 80's) my frat had a "generic" party. At that time generic canned (& other) foods - white label stating what it was, big bar codes - were just coming to your local grocery stores. They had generic beer, too! Yeh, we bought some. We also put up giant bar codes on white butcher paper with the word "banner", hung black & white streamers, used white styrofoam cups for drinks, labeled darn near everything in that generic style, & wore white t-shirts with bar codes and "student","drunk" & many others I can't remember.

One of those things where ya had to be there, I guess!

Dude, you're gettin' a Tiki!

[ Edited by: TikiMikey on 2003-02-20 02:14 ]

T

Brilliant! And Did you play P.I.L.'s "Album" and "cassette" all night?

Great Party Idea!

Great idea! You should also listen to Flipper's 'Generic' album which came out many years before PIL's. PIL's classic 'Metal Box' idea was all their own, tho'.

As for party ideas, there's always Tiki parties, but people rarely are forced to dress AS Tikis. I once went to a 'meat party' where only meat was served, and yes, it was pretty gross, despite being a carnivore (well, omnivore). Another rather disasterous party from that era was a jello-wrestling party where someone tipped out all the jello from the 'ring' (a kiddies play-pool) in the first few minutes and the organisers had to replace it with warm oatmeal.

Trader Woody

BRANIFF PARTY:
Guys dress like 60's business men and Gals like husband stealing, Sexy Stews. Hooch comes in little bottles, food in pre-packaged colorless portions. Everyone tries to have sex in the (tiny) bathroom.

TALIBAN PARTY:
No shaving, drinking, music, movies, western clothing, paper, singing, dancing, mingling with the opposite sex, fun etc,. Women conveniently come dressed in their shrouds.

DEER HUNTER PARTY:
One revolver, one bullet, all the "Tiger" beer you can drink. Red head scarves mandatory.

[ Edited by: purple jade 2006-03-20 21:10 ]

SAMMI DAVIS/SAMMY DAVIS,JR. ALTERNATE UNIVERSE:
Guest impersonate the swinging Yank or Brit actress BUT, as a character in one of the others films.

A MESSAGE TO YOU RUDY GIULIANI:
Come as your favorite former NYC mayor transported to 1967 Jamaica or 1979 London.

BOB CRANE'S POOL PARTY

RADLEY METZGER'S BUSY SINGLES NETWORKING BASH

and of course:

ABU DHABI a GO-GO!

D

Cool idea about the board game pieces. What about a hanna barbara salute. Come as your favorite old cartoon/show charator favorite such as Hong Kong Phooey, Captain Caveman, Snagglepuss, Josie and the Pussycats, Sigmond and the Seamonsters(my all time favorite), Scooby Doo, and so on...

I loved "gilligan's island"and a party with all the guests dressing up as their favorite character would be fun.(pool and hot tub optional).
-lounge

D

On 2003-02-17 12:03, tikifish wrote:
a theme that no-one would think of doing, yet is still do-able.

(ok, i stayed out of the geek vs nerd vs trekkie thread, so i guess im outting myself here, now.)

we had a Klingon Food Party (no costumes) only really ugly, disgusting food. squid ink linguini, chinese 1000 yr old eggs, tongue and other organ type meats, tenticles ~ stuff like that.

another celebration was George Washington Carver Birthday~ godfather of the peanut

and.. of course a SPAM Fest...mmmmeaty

M

The Donner thing reminded me of a friend in college who wrote a fantastic song called "The Donner Dinner Party". Gives a whole new meaning to Donner Kabobs.

[ Edited by: martiki6 on 2003-02-21 11:06 ]

S

Try a Crayola party. It isn't too bizarre but it can be fun. Everybody gets a coloring book and a box of 64 or 96 crayons at the door. Then you just sit back and watch them all become kids again.

DZ

RUBIK'S CUBE PARTY

Everyone comes dressed in a single solid color. At designated intervals, everyone has to trade an article of clothing with someone of a different color. Before they can leave the party (or the party is over),they must get all their original colored clothes back.

When we did this we started the intervals at every 30 minutes, but decreased then to 20 then 15 as the party wound down. I also found that using a "sweatshirt/sweatpants/cap" combo worked best to account for the different sizes of the participants.

Some of the more creative parties I've been to in the past included:

Celebrity Airline Mishap Party:
Everybody came as someone famous who had died in an airplane accident. Guessing was half the fun. Luggage with famous people's names was strewn about the front lawn and hanging from the trees. Zombie stewardesses and cabin attendants handed out hors d'eouvres.

Gangsters In Paradise:
Everyone comes dressed as mafia hiding out in Hawaii. Hawaiian shirts, muu-muus and tommie-guns. Accents required. Must also come up with clever nicknames like Legs "Diamondhead" Luciani or "Jimmy the Poi" Vallachi.

Twisted Disney Party:
Everyone came dressed as a twisted Disney character. Each room of the house was decorated as a different Disney attraction, (I think the bathroom had "It's A Small World" playing over and over, which cut down on the wait). We had people dressed as "Captain Ego","Bumbo The Elephant","The Pirates of Mendocino", Peter Pan and a knocked-up Wendy, A gay Pirate Hook, characters from "It's a Third World After All", plenty of naughty Snow Whites, Cinderellas and Mousketeers in devil horns. One scantilly-dressed girlfriend came as "The Ultimate E-Ticket Ride".

Sabu

My Dad (a art teacher, etc.)( not Eli, my "Grandfather") was dying of brain cancer in the VA in Long Beach,Ca., and everyone was trippen hard on it so I got an idea to have a "Art Party" at his house in respect for him. We cleared out the living room,put plastic on the floor and called all his friends and mine (which were his too). We had 100+ quarts and gallons of paint lined up with brushes all along the base boards. Plenty of beer,booze and food too. By the end of the day/night, all the walls and cieling were coverd with color. Everyone who was there painted what they dug about him or what they were feeling, etc. It was a good way to get together and get in a better mood. (Just found an old polaroid of part of a wall.)

The wake was a whole other story. We painted over everything with kiltz and gesso and turned his entire house into a gallery. Of course all pics where of him and we hung lots of paintings and sculptures he did. The "Gallery" was packed! Shoulder room only! Best "one man art show" I've ever seen! Jan. 1993.

Pages: 1 21 replies