Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

inkylouise and smiley in Scottsdale Az. 01/12/08

Pages: 1 7 replies

M

Dear Phoenix Centralites,

We have decided on a last minute trip to your fair city for the night. We will be at Trader Vics for cocktails at 7:30 dinner there at 8. Please stop by and say hi and down a few. We will probably go for a little bar hop after.

[ Edited by: mrsmiley 2008-01-14 07:29 ]

[ Edited by: mrsmiley 2008-01-14 07:38 ]

M

What a blast we all had!! Going to a nice MODERN Trader Vic's that blended Vic's styling with a modern feel, was indeed a treat after having gone to our local Vega$ one a few times in the past few months. The food and service were great (although the kitchen was having a little delay in the beginning--the place was PACKED!).

We were Too stuffed and satiated with drinks that night to go anywhere else except out fairly night "cool-vibe" renovated hotel 2 miles away, the 3 Palms. The new day we roamed around and for night had a FANTASTIC dinner at a great fifties steakhouse in Phoenix , Durants and for a nightcap before returning to the airport, we went to the Dive-y and old Bikini Lounge. ZAZZ-what a fun weekend! :)

"PSSSSTTTT! PSSHSSSSST! We had a good time too!" R + H

I wished you could have invited me!!

Oh Drat! We missed you guys! AAARRRRGGGGHHHH! :(

We would have loved to connect with you two...too bad I didn't see this post until NOW! :cry:

Happy to hear you guys had a great time here. I hear the 3 Palms is nice, but since I live here, I have not yet stayed there..what did y'all think? I love the Valley Ho, but those rates...my goodness!

Sat was really, really low key for us (we actually stayed home!...Man why didn't I read TC!?!)
And Sunday, we went up to Payson/Kohl's Ranch and Christopher Creek to see the snow before having a forgettable dinner :roll: and then heading to Chez Nous for some funky soul (I just love Chez Nous...so dark and old school cool...If Barry White was a bar, he'd be Chez Nou 8) ) and since we were in the neighborhood, we stopped by the Bikini for a final nightcap at about midnight, just in time to see the black dog and DJ :D .

And we just LOVE DURANTS :D....it's got to be one of my favorite places...gotta love that entrance thru the kitchen and oh my, the flocked wall paper...I feel so grown up when we go there.

Again, sorry we missed you guys but delighted to hear you had a fun time! Next time you're in town, please drop us an email and we'll be sure to meet you! We owe you now :).

[ Edited by: tiki-tina 2008-01-14 16:09 ]

Will do! We do not need much motivation to go down to your home town, that Vic's is really great!

INKY! Inkylouise is Zazz! :D

Mrs. Zazz to you!

Pages: 1 7 replies