Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

does anyone have a recipe for...

Pages: 1 6 replies

a drink called the Tiki Tiki? I had some of these at Lee's Hawaiian Islander and I searched for the recipe to no avail! I have found other Tiki drinks such as the Sneaky Tiki but none specifically called the Tiki Tiki. Is that one that Lee's made up or does someone know what's in it? It was superb! many thanks~ tink xo

TIKI TIKI

1 Oz Brandy
1 Oz Dark Rum
1 Oz Light Rum
3/4 Oz Orgeat Syrup
1 1/2 Oz Sour Mix
1 1/2 Oz Orange Juice

Blend with crushed ice and serve in a Tiki Mug with a fruit garnish.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! hugs~ tink xo

I made this one the other night. Very tasty. Thanks for posting.

I agree! these are fabulous! I am so happy to now have the recipe! thanks again! hugs~ tink xoxo

That recipe looks like a single serving-sized version of the infamous Scorpion Bowl, at least, the way I've seen it.

I just checked my Grog Log (Pg. 74) and it appears that you are correct. Except . . . the Tiki Tiki calls for ONE ounce of brandy for only TWO ounces of rum whereas the Scorpion Bowl calls for ONE ounce of brandy for SIX ounces of rum - and the original 1940's version used TEN ounces of rum to ONE ounce of brandy. So, with those ratios of brandy to rum in mind the Tiki Tiki is going to taste quite different from either of the Scorpion Bowls.
Also, when I make the Tiki Tiki, I cut back on the Orgeat to only 1/2 oz. - more to my taste.

However . . . feel free to re-name it the "Baby Scorpion" if you like.

Pages: 1 6 replies