Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

A Tiki Painting.

Pages: 1 3 replies

Aloha from Alberta.

My name's Trevor, but you can call me the Mad Cap Romanian.

My eyes were opened up to the Tiki world in 2005 from reading a magazine called Ol' Skool Rodz which had an advertisement for Tiki Farm Tiki mugs. I have been selling Tiki Farm mugs in my hobby store, Monster Hobbies, in High River, Alberta, Canada since March of 2006.

Recently, I thought of painting my own Tiki pictures and selling them in my store to see how things would turn out.

Just tonight, I found this web site and I thought I would post one of my Tiki paintings here to see what you guys and girls think of my art work. I'm not a Shag, Dirty Donny or Pizz of any means, but I found a new love of art in the Tiki world and thought I would do a series of paintings to show this.

This painting is one of twelve of it's kind and I have been working on this series since late December 2007, trying, as best as I can, do do one painting a day. I am hoping to achieve 30 of these little paintings over the next few months. Enjoy this first one!

This is the "Yellow Tiki". He's painted on a 4"x6" panel and I sold him in my Hobby Shop, Monster Hobbies, for $40.

Let me know what you think and I'll look forward to seeing your comments in the morning.

Talk to you soon!

Mad Cap.

TK

Nice one man. I think for many of us, the first nod to Tiki was Mugs.
Cheers!
Tiki King

ThanX man!

I have more in this series, but I'm not too sure if I should post them or not.

Very cool....Dont be shy.....Post some more pics.....it's always nice to see what others are doing!!!

Pages: 1 3 replies