Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Abe Lincoln meets the Moais - Computer Game

Pages: 1 2 replies

I

I'm not a computer gamer, but I recently became aware of a new Moai/Easter Island themed computer game: Sam and Max Episode 2: Moai Better Blues

The premise is a bit wacky - Bermuda Triangles (big red triangles) are chasing people and making them disappear. Somehow, a portal leads the two main characters (a rabbit and a suit wearing dog) to Easter Island, where many of the disappeared items are found. They discover Amelia Earhart, Charles Lindberg, the Fountain of Youth, a portion of Noah's Ark, and many more items near a small tiki bar on the island.

Sam and Max meet the giant Moai heads, who warn that they must help to prevent a potential devastating volcano eruption. Oh, and there is also a giant Abraham Lincoln head that appears to be infatuated with the Moai heads .... go Abe go!

I found a couple of preview videos - the first was done as a 'Girls Gone Wild' parody, but the second I found more interesting - that video can be seen on the following page

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/04/gametap-previews-sam-and-max-moai-better-blues/

The game costs $9, and I think you can get a free demo version.

Vern

T

Is that really an Abe Lincoln head in the game, or the new Bamboo Ben mug?

A few of my friends at Telltale Games worked on this .... good to see it's finally out!

Pages: 1 2 replies