Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Recipe for 'Sneaky Tiki'

Pages: 1 11 replies

Aloha!
Anybody have the recipe for 'Sneaky Tiki'? It is a drink served on the Cap'n Andy's Tour on Kauai. My husband & I are heading to Kauai this year & I was perusing the
activities, etc. & this was listed as one of the drinks on his tours.
I would love to know what is in it, how it is made or just something quite similar.
Anyone been on one of his tours & had this drink? If so, your opinion/review would be great!
Thanx!

I don't know if this is THE Sneaky Tiki, but it's A Sneaky Tiki:

1 oz. lemon juice
1-1/2 oz. pineapple juice
1/3 oz. Orange Curacao
Dash Grenadine
1 oz. each, Light and Dark Rum

Blend with a scoop of crushed ice. Serve in 14 oz. chimney glass.

P

Is this the same Sneaky Tiki as the one from Harvey's in Tahoe? I don't know the recipe for that, either, just curious.

I think there is a recipe for Trader Dick's Sneaky Tiki in Taboo Table. Trader Dick's was based on/ripped-off from Harvey's.

[ Edited by: PiPhiRho 2008-01-15 15:35 ]

Yes, this is the Sneaky Tiki from Harvey's & Trader Dick's - Taboo Table

I just downed a Sneaky Tiki. This drink tastes like a "classic tiki" drink. By classic, I mean any drink you might get at an Asian or quasi-tiki joint that sells "exotic" drinks. I think its the lemon, pineapple and grenadine. It wants to be a mai tai but lacks the lime and orgeat. What a difference those two make.

I'm not saying it's bad, but I think you can cut back on the pineapple.

H

On 2011-03-20 19:59, telescopes wrote:
I just downed a Sneaky Tiki. This drink tastes like a "classic tiki" drink. By classic, I mean any drink you might get at an Asian or quasi-tiki joint that sells "exotic" drinks. ...

That would be a second or third rate Tiki drink. A "classic tiki" drink is going to be first rate. Unfortunately in this case, classic and prolific are two different things.

Isn't a properly made Trader Vic's Mai Tai a classic Tiki drink?

C

Here is the recepie I have for the Sneaky Tiki

1 oz Sweetened lime juice
2 oz Pineapple Juice
1/2 oz Orange Curacao
1/2 oz Grenadine
1/2 oz Falernum
1 oz Light Rum (Peurto Rican)
1 oz Dark Rum (Jamaican)

Place all in a cocktail shaker with 1 cup of crashed ice, shake and serve over more crushed ice.
Garnish with a pineapple spear and a cherry.

Yummy!!

On 2011-03-20 20:37, Hakalugi wrote:

On 2011-03-20 19:59, telescopes wrote:
I just downed a Sneaky Tiki. This drink tastes like a "classic tiki" drink. By classic, I mean any drink you might get at an Asian or quasi-tiki joint that sells "exotic" drinks. ...

That would be a second or third rate Tiki drink. A "classic tiki" drink is going to be first rate. Unfortunately in this case, classic and prolific are two different things.

Isn't a properly made Trader Vic's Mai Tai a classic Tiki drink?

You're right. That is the reason for the quotes around the word classic. I think I will try it again only using the falernum as in the recipe above. I used the word classic to mean in the sense that most of the public thinks when they hear the word classic tiki drink.

[ Edited by: telescopes 2011-03-21 12:03 ]

your gist was clear- you meant the lay public's stereotype, i.e. "umbrella drinks."

RB

This is really very nice recipes for the snack. When ever we want light breakfast then it is the best Sneaky Tiki...I must try this at my home thanks for sharing such a nice recipe...

Ow, my brain...

On 2011-03-31 06:25, Rum Balls wrote:

This is really very nice recipes for the snack. When ever we want light breakfast then it is the best Sneaky Tiki...I must try this at my home thanks for sharing such a nice recipe...

Ow, my brain...

I smell a sneaky spam snack around the corner.

Is spam tiki?

i know many Pacific Islanders who love to eat the stuff...

Pages: 1 11 replies