Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tiki paintings from Australia

Pages: 1 7 replies

S

G'day everyone,
Here are a few pictures of a couple of paintings i finished recently,which i would like to sell.
They are done in acrylic with fake leopard skin and hessian frames i made myself.The frames are from a picture framing supplier and look like bamboo.Each painting is 8"x10",with an overall size of 20.5"x18.5".
I will be putting them up on ebay in a few days time,until then if anyone is interested please send me a PM.
Thanks
swizzle

![]( H:\Bob Tothellini\100_1214.JPG)

![](H:\Bob Tothellini\100_1215.JPG)

![](H:\Bob Tothellini\100_1216.JPG)

![](H:\Bob Tothellini\100_1217.JPG)

M

Hate to tell ya this but they are just a box with an X in it.

S

My bad.I'm pretty useless on the computer,as you can probably tell.

This should be better!!

Wow, that is classic thrift store painting style, very bold! I like the clear forms contrasted against the visible texture of the brush strokes.

Permit me to bring up two art analysis questions:
What is the significance of the volcanoes that the (erect) Tiki is staring at? ....and why are they framed by fur? :D

(...oops, sorry, what happened, how did this get turned?...damn!) :wink:

S

Thanks for the comment bigbrotiki.I cant say there is any reason for the volcano.It's just something i added as an extra element in the painting.I have a few more of the same thing(which i still have to frame),each a different colour and all slightly different.
As for the fur,i just felt that it would add a bit more to the painting and give it a bit more of a kitsch-y feel,which i believe tiki is(in a good way).
swizzle

Forgive me, it is the burden of my European heritage to obsessively interpret perfectly harmless elements of art in a Freudian manner!

M

no, please forgive me, but who is Freud? :lol:

My name is mud and don't you forget it!
I support the sunshine coming out in Washington

:tiki:

[ Edited by: mymotiki 2008-01-15 20:58 ]

[ Edited by: mymotiki 2008-01-15 21:00 ]

S

Here's a few paintings i just finished for a Tiki exhibition at the Kustom Lane gallery in Hawthorn,Melbourne.If anyone ever comes to this side of the world it's a great gallery well worth checking out.

The three together

and STRETCH

Pages: 1 7 replies