Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

The Tiki Mermaid Cruise Ship in Marina Del Rey

Pages: 1 17 replies

Cool find Christiki, I work right across the channel so I'll go by and get some pictures. Thanks for posting.

This begs the age-old question again: While it says Tiki on it, does it have Tiki in it?

"miami´s tikiship" looks much nicer:
http://www.tikkibeach.com

That's a cool boat!

T

floating paradise

That is a VERY cool boat. I gotta wonder, though, about those pillow-covered, comfy-looking beds on the deck. Just what type parties are they hosting? Hmmm? :o

Wow! That is a whole floating quiet village, not bad! They must have refurbished an old Mississippi river boat.

Here is a beauty, the name is not mentioned, just that it is Captain Bean's Cruise in Kona:

It was obviously modeled after the Tahitian double hull war canoes, who must have had some really nice Tiki post carvings:

I recently saw a boat with Tiki bow figures at Balboa Island....wasn't there a post about that here, too?

On 2008-01-16 16:02, JanetMermaid wrote:
That is a VERY cool boat. I gotta wonder, though, about those pillow-covered, comfy-looking beds on the deck. Just what type parties are they hosting? Hmmm? :o

i heard that besides "normal" events like weddings etc.
sometimes parties for "couples interested in the swinging lifestyle"
take place at this ship ...

[ Edited by: icebaer69 2008-01-16 17:56 ]

another boat: the maikai-boat !!
no tiki at all :(

(picture taken @ maikai´s parkinglot)

On 2008-01-16 12:37, bigbrotiki wrote:
This begs the age-old question again: While it says Tiki on it, does it have Tiki in it?

Good Question.
The answer what you might expect:

Yes - but very minimal, both in size and number. More likely added as an afterthought.

I had a good look inside this afternoon. The upper deck is a great inside lounge!

Costs are about $60 per person with a 3-hour cruise and a cash bar, which is less expensive than Hornblower for a party, but yet not inexpensive.

P

On 2008-01-16 12:37, bigbrotiki wrote:

you bet baby!!! woohoo!

I got a "guided tour" from one of the servers who was setting up. It features PNG Tiki style masks, and a very cool cocktail vibe.

UB

This is docked next to the ferry at Balboa Island, Newport Beach.

Fun Zone Boat Co...

This is so faba-lus!

There is now a Tiki, Too, party boat, also in Marina Del Rey.

http://www.urbandesirecruises.com/tiki-too.html

Pages: 1 17 replies