Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Basement's Bora Boiler Tiki Mug-New Pele Available

Pages: 1 13 replies

Spoke with Gecko the other day and he told me to let everyone know that he has one more of the "Kissed By Pele" edition of my mug. It's a beauty-shown below. These are one of a kind, hand glazed by Gecko on my design. As with every South Sea Arts product, the quality is amazing; even boutique. Just the huge basic mug alone takes an incredible 6 molds, but with Pele's touch, it makes this thing of beauty an even greater one. There are also a small number of the regular edition still left on the site as well. They can be ordered here: http://southseaarts.com/

Fire and water, classic, beautiful. We are really happy with the two we have in brown, this new glaze is very special.

Far out BK.

T

Looking at it closer, it appears to have the lava side torn out?

To be "Kissed by Pele" is not as romantic as it sounds. It's best not to resist!

T

Has a little of the T 1000 eye.

Not to say what Gecko should do cause no one can do glazes on mugs like he can but I wish he did the holes just near the top of the mug. On most mugs having the hole at the bottom renders the mug useless. And even though I would probably not drink out of it anyways, its still nice to know that a mug is still a mug, meaning it could hold a liquid. The BK mug is special cause it holds two liquids yet now this Kissed one can still only hold on one side.

Whaaa? Teakey, this version of the -normally 35.00- mug is 300.00, and each the only one of it's kind. (sic-you don't park a Testarosa at the first space you come to at the mall...)

FYI teaK's... Gecko'z Pele Editions are a complex special glaze too! G' spends many many hours just to give each one an ancient relic look, the lava glaze work inside of these ARE NOT food safe*. Sooo anyone holding a 'Kissed by Pele' anything in thier collection has invested $300 to $700 clams in thier "display only" piece. Gek' also creates fine art Hawaiiana pieces for museum galleries on the islands, as well.

Sooo as BK & Tiki-Tonga, pointed out...these are elite da kine! :D No Kool-Aid sippy cups with long krazy straws allowed here, haole!! :lol:

:)(** Gecko also recently unvieled a NEW lava glaze (FOOD SAFE) that mimics his non-food safe lava glaze... it is available now glazed inside the Poptiki Volcano offered at http://southseaarts.com/ )

Shaka braddah :drink:

T

"You don't park a Testarosa at the first space you come to at the mall"-BK"G' spends many many hours just to give each one an ancient relic look, the lava glaze work inside of these ARE NOT food safe**. Sooo as BK & Tiki-Tonga, pointed out...these are elite da kine! No Kool-Aid sippy cups with long krazy straws allowed here, haole!!"-J

Ok, there's the answer. I guess I forgot about that. Of course I knew the price tags on these mugs and all the extra work that went into each one(price again).
The thing about a Testarosa is they look as good as the performance they have. The rare body of the car (=design and glaze) and the engine that is under the hood(usability). With a hole in the bottom of the mug, the performance of it is diminished.
So the answer lies with the glaze being not food safe. Since its poisonous he concisely adds the holes / drains to protect the holder of the mug.

Yeah, I heard about the food safe version. The only question I had about that was the Kiss of Pele went away with that version. I wonder why.

Jonesy you da man. Teakey I must yet once again ask "Whaaa??"

[ Edited by: Basement Kahuna 2008-01-20 14:12 ]

T

On 2008-01-20 08:46, Basement Kahuna wrote:
Jonesy you da nan. Teakey I must yet once again ask "Whaaa??"

Never mind, I was inquiring about holes in the mug and you are talking about parking spaces for cars.

TeaKEY, this might be the "designated driver" ltd. edition, since you can only fill one side of the mug. :D
That is of course, once Gecko makes it food safe.

G
GROG posted on Sun, Jan 20, 2008 11:29 AM

Now Teakey, what did your father tell you this morning?

T

Random pictures of animals, I like this game

Pages: 1 13 replies