Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Alohaz! Here get some pics of some new stuff.

Pages: 1 14 replies

G
GECKO posted on Mon, Feb 17, 2003 9:00 PM

Aloooohaz peopo!

I been bizzy ya! but nice fo be back fo a little while. I still get plenny work.

I know you guys luv pics so here get a few of some tings i wen made.

wen i'm waiting fo stain and da kine fo dry, fo my custom order stuff fo my customers, i usually start messing with my art. so here wen get some of da kine....pics.

i finally wen made a frame fo my "Tahitian Lanai" black velvet. on da right get one beachcomber lamp i wen made.

mo betta close up of da lamp. i made it out of all nataural south sea materials.

here is a 6 foot wall panel i did a few days ago. I gon bring some of these to da hukilau in florida. I gon pack em in a surf board bag and take em on da plane...i might need a ride KG!

close up pics

here get anudda tiki mug shrine. dis wun is a mask though. still you can display your favorite mug with my carving ya.

here get a aloha welcome sign wit a tiki carved on da top.

big ol bamboo lamp. really thick. they get these at la mariana. dats wer i wen get da idea from.

here get a darker 6 foot wall panel. dis wun not so wide like da udda wun.

lighting was not so good so i laid em on da ground . das a gecko on da bottom.

here is a new 5 foot coconut log ready fo da chizle and hamma! you like try em?

dis bugga solid! nice red grain. it's red because its a older tree.

k my friendz alohaz!

o'ya, i noticed plenny new names on TC, Aloha to all da new peopo, hope you enjoy your stey here in "virtual paradise"

shootz!
auwwwwie!

G
GECKO posted on Mon, Feb 17, 2003 9:03 PM

ooops, here is da coconut log.

HH

nice work again brahda, I stll neva get my stuff, moms coming tommarow, cant wait. I like da new mug shrine and da big bmaboo lamps

Beautiful work, as always Gecko... your photos are a treat to look at!

Mahalo!

Damn, Gecko.....(my apologies to anybody who's in denial of this fact) but your carved goods are simply the top of the heap on this yakk board! You should be doing whole environments like that Taboo Cove project that Bosko did. Has anybody ever asked you to do a whole bar/resturaunt? I know some of those decorating budgets have got to run into the tens of thousands.... Makes me feel ashamed for being as unprolific as I am!

Wow

Very Very nice work!

Something for all of us wanna-bes' to aspire to!

Thanks for sharing.

Gecko, excellent work as always! When are you going to get that webpage up?

Love the wall panels with the Cook Islands Tiki on top, particularly the darker one.

Great stuff Gecko!

Trader Woody

Geck, cool art! I like that shrine and the panels. When I visit you, we are gonna have to carve together all day .

G

mahaloz mahaloz mahaloz!

well, i try just like da rest of da chizlers/carvers here on da "yakk board" I have to say though, their is a lot of great chizlers on this board that are dam good!!! dam good!!

i'm just more into everyting else. i pretty much love it all! if i see someting and i like it, i'm gon try an learn em! dats just me. i want to da everyting is also my big problem! because i have no employees to help with all my ideas.

I haven't had da exposure on da internet like bosko has for several years. thats how you get the big jobs like vegas. i'm by simply word of mouth. that's why i'm going on the web, for those jobs that come open on da island or mainland.

wen i am asked for a big job i will inform a few of the carvers here, so you can mail me some of your stuff to put in the new tiki bar or what ever the case may be.

Chiki, like i said, da logs are here ready fo carve wen you get here....wen you coming anyway? chiki is great fo imagination pieces!
brain is always goin!

i'm looking towards doing some work with several peopo here on tc like chiki and basement k.

jus make sure to drop by wen you visit dis islanda!! everybody welcome.

looking towards Al & Shell and Bong and da wahine in April. Poly pop in June.

Hula Hula, you get my carving yet from your mom?

Alohaz

Gecko, I was supposed to be there in April with Al & Bong but I decided to go in June so I wouldn't miss Mondo Tiki in Vegas. I'm thinking of June 1st - 7th. Will you be there? I wanna go by your place and check out your carvings. We gotta make sure we go to La Mariana's too.

S

Beautiful, man. Simply beautiful.

Love that lamp, Gecko, and your carvings are the best, bruddah!

Hey Gecko,
I think we can transport your panels no problem, as long as we put the top down on the convertible. If you are bringing a bunch more carvings, we might need to get more creative with transportation.
KG

G
GECKO posted on Wed, Feb 19, 2003 2:39 PM

I'll be here during that time Pop. I'm just trying to decide wetha I go to da Hukilau first then Cali for a week or da udda way around. Gotta stop by Cali and say hi to my mom and dad. also do some carving as well as some visits to boobam bens, tiki farm, Al&Shells hale etc etc.. oh, I'm still looking for those slides for ya AL. I havent forgoten.

KG, I'm not bringin any tikis but maybe 1 or 2 small ones. I have 3 coconut logs already on da way to florida. The only bad thing is the person lives 8 hours from the hukilau. over by the gulf. Panels for sure.

Put da convertible top down and take in some of dem florida rays sounds good fo me. Whats da name of da airport I sould fly into again? da one dats da best fo you and me being close to da hotel. I tink I gon book da room next week and da dinner too.

shootz

Fly into the Ft. Lauderdale Airport if you can. The Miami airport might be cheaper, but it's about an hour from the hotel.

Pages: 1 14 replies