Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Steve Crane Mugs - not my auction

Pages: 1 9 replies

I couldn't resist posting this picture...

They are asking $199 each and it looks like they've sold a couple.

Where do you get 8 of them???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160196746671&indexURL=6#ebayphotohosting

T

I wouldn't play speed stackers with them like that.

It's a ball toss pyramid. :) Reminds me of how Jeff Berry got original Mr.Bali Hai mugs by the case from the restaurant in the 80s, and smashed them to pieces for the gallery scene in his "Secret of Easter Island" video.
This guy obviously found a case of these, good for him. Showing them en masse kind of lowers the value, though.

H

If you guys are interested in buying this mug, check out ebay #130189938295. It's a good price.

On 2008-01-17 19:04, hiltiki wrote:
If you guys are interested in buying this mug, check out ebay #130189938295. It's a good price.

Buy it now for $124 is not bad considering the average price from ooga-Mooga is $118. and the ones pictured above are selling for $200.

Still above my budget...

Looking at them again in that picture, I think they are laughing at us saying " We are tacky and look like clowns, but we are reeeeally expensive and you can't have us if you don't pay! Nyuck nyuck!"

...hmmm, maybe its time to take a break here, when I start to see talking Tikis that laugh behind my back. That's not a good thing in MY house!
Come to think of it, that would make a great Twilight Zone episode: The primitive art collector who goes insane and sees his carvings become alive, the eyes moving like those old horror flic oil portraits....wait, did that Suffering Bastard bottle just move its arm?

M

LOL, they are ALIVE!

On 2008-01-18 06:45, bigbrotiki wrote:
Looking at them again in that picture, I think they are laughing at us saying " We are tacky and look like clowns...

BigBro, that's funny you say that. I often do e-bay searches for "clown mug" hoping I'll find one of these miss listed, but so far no luck. You know I blame you for the high price of these. If you hadn't put one on the cover of the BOT, they wouldn't be worth so much. :)

T

I don't care if these are Steve Crane mugs are not !!!!!
These mugs have never struck me as Tiki mugs and look more like clown mugs LOL!!
Nothing personal - but wouldn't pay $20 for one!!!!

Pages: 1 9 replies