Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Valentine's Show at HuKeLau-2/14

Pages: 1 44 replies

B

Well, its just about that time of year again.

The HuKeLau in Chicopee calls to you yet again.... "Come tiki folk....celebrate valentines day with your significant other in our tropical paradise....maybe the drinks wont suck this time...." heh heh.

So yeah, Valentines day, Thrusday the 14th of Feb....tickets are on sale now $10 each. If we can get a head count prior to buying them, and let them know we're part of the tiki group, we can be seated together (unless you want to be privately, romantically seated with a bunch of other strangers).

I'm not sure how the v-day show is gonna be without Hawaiian Humperdink, having missed it last year due to a blizzard.

And you may wanna bring a flask just in case the cocktails haven't changed!

More info here: http://www.hukelau.com/showroom.html

And once again, if you really want to complete the romantic evening, I suggest the Jungle room at the Pines, right up the road (although the Cleapatra Suite is pretty cool too). http://www.123pines.com/rooms.html You have to supply your own costumes.

Lets get a head count. Who's in? For the show, not the Pines...thats on your own.

Kate and I, as well as two friends may very well be in!

It'll be our first night using a baby sitter.

I'll probably buy tickets etc. later today.

There is a baby granite?

Yup!

Cecile Anne Ayotte
born on New Year's Eve

Mother and Baby are doing great!

Carl's handing reservations, everybody!

Seriously, let's get a headcount so we can get a table together. Trying to get 10 couples together by phone AFTER THE FACT is a genuine hassle.

B

Yeah, the HuKe isnt that accomodating to changes after you've bought your ticket. We need to have our numbers up front.

Ie. Dont buy those tickets yet Carl!

CaptainQuad and I would seriously like to do this. Our only question is about the cancellation policy if the weather sucks. We could barely make it to our local train station last Valentine's Day, so horrendous was the weather, so we're very attuned to this issue!

That's right! What happened last year? Did they keep all our money?

We got snowed out last year, but they still had the event so we were out the cost. :(

I'm willing to take the risk again this year. But I'm praying for no snow.

Okay, CaptainQ is going to see if he can get the time off of work. He'll be back to you today.

Hey, year before last Valentine's Day was sunny!

Oke, VelveteenLounge and I are in. Sleet be damned, we'd like to join the crew at the Hoo-ke-loo. Thank you, man of Granite.

B

So, do we have a head count here?

No one else is interested?

I think we need to coordinate when we call...let them know that we're the "Tiki Group"... a party of 10 (or however many we have)...and that others will be calling and we want to be seated together.

they prob still be alittle pissed about that, but easier than getting it changed after the fact!

We're still in!

On 2008-01-18 07:24, The Granite Tiki wrote:
Yup!

Cecile Anne Ayotte
born on New Year's Eve

Mother and Baby are doing great!

Hey, she's got your good looks, sans facial hair! Nice pic, thanks!

I would like to go, but there are many hurdles to this one...

B

Ok, so much going on I flaked out on this.

i'm ordering my tickets today, telling them we're sitting with a larger party of about 12 (that should cover us) under the name TIKI.

Call to order your tickets and tell them you're part of the TIKI party, and we should get put together. Its intimate seating with a dance floor, so we wont be all together, but should at least be near each other...and our loved ones.

Hukelau phone number : (413) 593.5222 call now!!!

Bargoyle

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2008-01-30 08:12 ]

There has GOT to be a better way to do this. They never heard of "TIKI" but they have 12 for "Sullivan". As long as we get 12, we're all set and nobody has to call. But right now it's "Sullivan" party of 12. (I think...)

So we need 8 more committed. Carl and Kate, right? Johnman?? When are we gonna meet Mrs. Scott?? and Mortis? Jon? Beth? Bogie? Luke? Johnboy?

sounds like fun -but I'll leave Valentines Day for the lovers

CaptainQuad and I are in. We won't call unless someone tells us we need to.

T

I think this is on a week night? & isn't Valentines for Love? Um my dog ate my home work? Which is the correct excuse for this one? All you young lovers have a good time for me & I will gladly pay cash or empty soda bottles for the signature tiki mug as I still don't have one. Thanks!

Beth

B

You need to call. The tickets are $10 each and you need to buy your. Just tell them you're with the SULLIVAN party (I swear I said tiki like 15 times) so they'll sit us together.

Call soon. this show usually sells out. hopefully they're holding the 12.

Sully, I think she's got you on the hook for 12 seats. I tried to buy two and she said "So now Sullivan party is 14?".

Man, this is confusing. Maybe the language barrier?

I believe we'll have a couple of friends with us as well.

I'll talk to them today, and the 4 of us will call, and make reservations with the Sully/Tiki party.

I just reserved my two, and my friends are calling to reserve their two as we speak, I tried to explain to the girl on the other end of the line what might be going on with the Sullivan party, and she seemed to understand, but I told her that Sullivan himself would probably be calling to clear it all up.

Can't wait!!!!

B

Sweet jeebus, I hope I didnt buy 12 tickets to this show!!

The girl I talked with the other day REALLY seemed to get it. I'm buying TWO tickets, but we will have a group of about 12 & we'd like to be seated near/with each other.

I was sober when I called, I swear. I think....hmmm......

Will call today after lunch to square it up.

I've actually got two other couples going with us.

We all told them we're with the Sullivan Party.

I hope this is alright?

I can't wait for this!

Depends on who you talk to and when, I guess. I DID have to give my credit card number this time but I'm finally in. Kelly and Commander Q, are you still going?

We're still in, in fact I charged two tickets last week. I also got no reaction to the mention of the "Sullivan party." I reckon it couldn't hurt to show up with some time to spare so they can get it together.

:)

Very excited!

A friendly reminder that if you want to catch a buzz tmrw night, either drink some cocktails somewhere else before the show, or order beer during the show.

I can't condone people bringing in nip bottles, or a flask to spice up their drinks. Nor will I point out how easy it will be to pull off in the booths we'll be seated in. Its just not right people.

I mean, it IS the only way to make a HuKe cocktail a good one, but cmon.... valentines day is for a sober (ing) reflection on your relationship... Its no day to get drunk & freaky with the one you love.... or try to get them drunk enough to use that thing you bought at that store a few months back as a joke, but it really wasnt a joke, and you've just been waiting for the right moment to whip it out... uhhhh... ahem... errrr... what are we talking about again?

so yeah, see everyone tmrw!

If I hear Jess suffered a Hula Chair injury I'll be very disappointed in you.

On 2008-02-13 11:38, Bargoyle wrote:
A friendly reminder that if you want to catch a buzz tmrw night, either drink some cocktails somewhere else before the show, or order beer during the show.

I can't condone people bringing in nip bottles, or a flask to spice up their drinks. Nor will I point out how easy it will be to pull off in the booths we'll be seated in. Its just not right people.

I mean, it IS the only way to make a HuKe cocktail a good one, but cmon.... valentines day is for a sober (ing) reflection on your relationship... Its no day to get drunk & freaky with the one you love.... or try to get them drunk enough to use that thing you bought at that store a few months back as a joke, but it really wasnt a joke, and you've just been waiting for the right moment to whip it out... uhhhh... ahem... errrr... what are we talking about again?

so yeah, see everyone tmrw!

That reminds me that I've got to remember to pack the porta bar for the hotel room! :D

wishing you all a great time at the show! Take pics, cant wait to see' em

Kathy and I had a FANTASTIC time! Our first time at such an event, thank you Carl for the invitation. It was so nice meeting you all, we hope to do so again soon and get to know you all a little better. Thanks again! My Fez was on fire!

Hey TikiTwang, welcome to Tiki Central!!!! WooHoo!

No photos?

I know velveteenlounge had a camera going, and leisure master, you should be forewarned, a new Hukelau Big Kahuna has been crowned. A dance-off may be required.

Okay, this is in my top one or two best birthdays ever! Some pix:

Our table:

The show:

TCers know how to get down:

CaptainQuad was named the Big Kahuna (that night, anyway!):

Princess Karen does our table proud:

HuKeLau drinks contain a glowing substance that fell to earth, presumably from outer space:

The Captain and me:

It was great seeing the NE ohana! Thanks for setting this up.

"HuKeLau drinks contain a glowing substance that fell to earth, presumably from outer space."

Careful now, that's how rumors get started!

All we know for sure about that substance is that it absorbs all alcohol within a 100-foot radius.

Great pics! Man, that was fun!

What a great time that was! Great photos too! Karen's going to frame the pic of her on stage I'm sure. :)
Too bad the alcohol was absorbed by the green glow. :wink:

Was nice to meet ya twang. I dug the groovy fez alot.

Good to have you on here & "in the loop" now. Hopefully we'll see at some other gatherings as well...maybe even ones where the cocktails are good!!!! lol

Thanks Bargoyle, it was nice to meet you too. I've recently developed a serious fez fetish, the one I wore didn't quite fit properly, but my wife (who for some reason, supports my weirder side) has ordered me another one to fit my rather large head. :) I saw a pic of you in yours, very nice!

Pages: 1 44 replies