Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki Shelf

Pages: 1 6 replies

D

Does anyone have pictures of the "Tiki Shelving Unit" that TikiFarm sells. The picture on the site leaves alot to be desired. I want to get a better look at it before I shell out the money for it. If any of you Tiki-heads out there have it, any commentary on its sturdyness and how it is built would be great, as well as some more detailed pictures. Thanks all.

T

here is another pic of a bar and shelf on ebay, but the pic isn't much better

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2308233663&category=3196

TS

I've actually seen that bar in person and just seems a little too cheesy. There doesn't seem to be any authenticity into the production of it.

TS

I've actually seen that bar in person and just seems a little too cheesy. It doesn't as if there was any pride put into the production of it

D

On 2003-02-18 18:53, tiki sk8 wrote:
I've actually seen that bar in person and just seems a little too cheesy. There doesn't seem to be any authenticity into the production of it.

What do you mean by authenticity into the production of it? Do you mean that it doesnt look very tiki, or antique?

Thx again.

T

I have the bar, not the shelf and I am very pleased with it. I got it direct from Krypton furniture. The bar was custom made, not assembly line produced. For limited space it works very well. Holds all my liquor and about 20/30 glasses. Comes in 3 big boxes so make sure you can get to a dump. A store in Baltimore sells it. For 1000 dollars more. I believe SuburbanHipster, my twin, also has the bar in the same colors.

TS

yea i guess you can put it that way. I gyuess it's just my taste.

Pages: 1 6 replies