Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

Don The Beachcomber, DCA, Anaheim, CA (restaurant)

Pages: 1 18 replies

Name:Don The Beachcomber, DCA
Type:restaurant
Street:1580 South Disneyland Drive
City:Anaheim
State:CA
Zip:92802
Phone:

Description:
Part of the now extinct Hollywood & Dine food court at Disney's California Adventure.

I wanted to show Hiphipahula the location of the Don the Beachcomber in the old food court at DCA while we were roaming around the park yesterday.

We sneaked past the barrier that blocks off the building and peered through the dirty windows of the locked doors to catch a glimpse of the sign. Two cast members walked by but didn't shoo us away. As I was heading back toward the park, Kelly was behind me telling me to get my camera out. The side entrance to the building was open.

They have converted a small area inside the building into a men's changing room, so naturally, Kelly stood look out while I went in.

Oh cool, it's still all there, a mixture of O.A. and Bosko's stuff. For me, the coolest thing there was a display case with vintage 30s/40s Don The Beachcomber memorabilia, I bet those went back to the collectors they were on loan from though. Good urban archeology, girls!

That whole thing came and went pretty fast, which is better anyway...what a sad reincarnation for Don's once great name, as fast food counter in a food court.

Nicely done ladies you should change your names to Sneaky-Kate and Tiptoeahula.

Kate's got balls! Nice pics, Kate.

O

Nice going Kate. Took big ovaries to get those shots. Thanks so much!

T

Props on the adventure...
Alexander Monday has nothing on you two.
Wish I would have known, I was right across the street and the convention center.

On 2008-01-21 18:21, bigbrotiki wrote:
Oh cool, it's still all there, a mixture of O.A. and Bosko's stuff. For me, the coolest thing there was a display case with vintage 30s/40s Don The Beachcomber memorabilia, I bet those went back to the collectors they were on loan from though. Good urban archeology, girls!

That whole thing came and went pretty fast, which is better anyway...what a sad reincarnation for Don's once great name, as fast food counter in a food court.

I disagree, maybe in given time it would have developed, maybe not, at the very least created excitement & good vibes. Glad to know its all there & intact, downer is they use it for a men's cast member changing room? ack! It's so tucked away no wonder the "Food Court" didn't fair well, no one knew it was there very poor planing :( Glad I spotted the open door and Kate had a camera :D ...we didn't spot any naked dudes though ... anyway it was all great fun & we didn't get booted off the lot! In Dec. we had to walk Mr. Toads Wild Ride when it broke down now, were Nancy Drew & Mrs. Colombo... Stay tuned for even more crazy adventures of Disneyland from Kate & Kelly it was fun!

R

cool pics!!thanks for being so daring and adventurous.you girls are the best!!

I remember that ..i INSISTED on eating there the first time we went when CA Adventures was new ...looked around for them this year and YEAH ..not 2 be found. Hey ANY nod to the past anymore seems to be a good thing with Disney..they are kinda BAD at it for the most part

Not to come off ignorant but what does DCA refer to?
Mahalo,
1961surf
Tiki Bill

On 2008-01-28 18:34, 1961surf wrote:
Not to come off ignorant but what does DCA refer to?

Disney's California Adventure

Here's some more pics of what lies on the walls inside Stage 12 on the lot of Disney's California Adventure.

Nice.

T

I went back to revisit DTB at DCA yesterday and found the memorabilia that Sven mentioned earlier in the thread.

Sorry about the glare.

I was mostly impressed by that Aloha shirt having a Don The Beachcomber tag in it. Never seen one in the wild, must be from the 40s.

What that case is missing is a Don The Beachcomber record album, they had Hawaiian tunes, with Don's logo on the record label.

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2009-01-04 20:50 ]

JB

Still there....

Great job everyone! Damn I wish I was there, I love sneaking into places!

P

OK - where is this at in DCA? I'm there every few months. I could not tell from the description where it is located in the park.

Pages: 1 18 replies