Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

adding a piece

Pages: 1 11 replies

Hi--I stumbled on this site..and WOW!!! how great. I have had my place "Tiki Style" for over 10 years..complete with straw matting on my walls. A few years a go, I was fortunate enough to find an entire vintage rattan set...3 sectional couch, 2 side tables, round coffee table, chair and ottoman....my neighbor was selling them in his front yard...I said how much? He said...well, I'll take whatever you offer...sorta half way kidding...I said...$100.00. He said..well...$120.00! And off I went with this unbelievable set! It has 11 bands on the bottom and 5 on the arm. I did have to get cushions made and new glass...but....that's it!

I have now decided to make my couch into a sectional that goes on one wall and then the other wall...and would love one extra middle piece--to make it longer. Does anyone have any ideas..on how I would acquire just one couch section with no arms. Right now, I'm trying to make it work with my ottoman...but, I'd like to do it right.

Thanks! P.S....sorry, if I was wrong to start a new post...I just don't know how message boards work. I've never really done it before :)

[ Edited by: hulastyle 2008-01-21 19:33 ]

Hi-ya hulastyle! Welcome to the wonderful world of stuff you love! Just browse around awhile and you'll find lots and lots of information and pictures.

When you figure out how to post digital pictures yourself, (quite easy), then show us what your rattan looks like. There's rarely a shortage of opinions on Tiki Central-- it's one of the things that makes it fun.

Hi--Thanks! No, I know how to put pics up...no problem. I just couldn't figure out how to do a "new post" without doing a "new topic"--maybe it's the same thing.....I couldn't figure it out. Yes, I will post photos of my furniture soon.

Thanks!

see it in here anywhere?963321.jpg[/img][img

David---

WOW!!!! You tell me.

Gina

[ Edited by: hulastyle 2008-01-22 11:16 ]

Where is this location of oh so fabulous furniture?

I'm in Burbank, Ca.....where are you, David?

I'm painting my living room today...that's why I can't take a pic of the entire set...it is all piled up on my bed today :)

this is only half of it.the guy is in w. palm beach. the name of his store is BAMBOO&RATTAN vintage florida furniture. 6405 s.dixie highway,w.palm beach fla.33405.561-3157295.this info is one year old at this point,but i think it is still good. he is a bit of a character and a little pricey ,but a fantastic selection. i make it a point to stop every trip to fla.and see what is new.here he is with my wife,

G

On 2008-01-22 11:34, TIKI DAVID wrote:
he is a bit of a character and a little pricey ,but a fantastic selection

I thought I recognized those photos. He has the most amazing bamboo and rattan collection for sale. Yeah, "a little pricey" is an understatement. He's downright expensive! BUT... I did find the "perfect" set of rattan restaurant dining room chairs at his place, and after bargaining quite a bit with him, I bought them. He was still overpriced, but it was one of those "gotta have" items for me.

Did he play the drums for you while you were there, David? :)

LOL yes he did.

Pages: 1 11 replies