Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Page 66 of BOT - Tiki diorama

Pages: 1 6 replies

B

Hey everyone,

On the bottom of page 66 of BOT the is a photo of a Tiki themed diorama. I contacted Mr Kirsten on where the photo was taken and he said it was the Bora Bora room in Encino. He also said that the Royal Hawaiian in Laguna Beach had one also.

Does anyone have any more photos or information one these types of dioramas? Myself and a friend have started construction of a Tiki themed diorama and we are looking for as much info as possible.

The diorama we are constructing wont be huge in size but will be fairly detailed with lighting and water - lots of it. Hopefully by mid year we will be done.

Again thanx to Mr Kirsten for the info.

[ Edited by: Buckdog 2008-01-22 18:38 ]

It is a shame that so far nobody has come up with a picture of the amazing "Volcano Island with circling Banana train" diorama that was built by I.L.M. inside of Fry's Electronics in Manhattan Beach. By now it must be in pretty sad condition, if it is still there at all.

Years ago I tried to take photos, but permission was denied, as if they had a trade secret to protect....
Did anybody ever get to take some sneak snaps?

P

Interestingly enough, that volcano island diorama at Fry's is where the video cameras are displayed. I actually shot some video of the train with one of the cameras right there at the table, but couldn't bring it out because I didn't buy the camera. I got the same camera online plus accessories for about $300 less.

On 2008-01-22 19:28, bigbrotiki wrote:
It is a shame that so far nobody has come up with a picture of the amazing "Volcano Island with circling Banana train" diorama that was built by I.L.M. inside of Fry's Electronics in Manhattan Beach. By now it must be in pretty sad condition, if it is still there at all.

Years ago I tried to take photos, but permission was denied, as if they had a trade secret to protect....
Did anybody ever get to take some sneak snaps?

I was in Fry's today and took some pictures. The train moves really fast and I didn't want to get caught so please forgive the blurriness.

Volcano Island with circling Banana train

Great! Thanks Boris: The first photographic evidence of the fabled FRY'S ISLAND! Looks a little unkempt and dusty, but it's still there and the train is still runnin'!

Dang, I drove by that Frys this morning and would have stoped by for sure if I had known what lurked inside.

Thanks for the handy camera work Bora Boris.

B

Thanx for the pics. I was in the place not too long ago and never even saw the dio. I did see the waterfall scene though.
Still working on my own diorama. Gonna be sometime before I post any pics.

Pages: 1 6 replies