Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

King Kukulele Presents: Tiki Taix XLI Friday January 25th!!

Pages: 1 2 replies

Friday January 25th, 2008 10PM No Cover

Take a trip to Tiki Taix for the Tale of Two Kings! King Kukulele welcomes the Tiki King to Tiki Taix!

The legendary Tiki King and The Idol Pleasures all the way from Santa Cruz in a rare L.A. appearance will welcome in 2008 at Tiki Taix. This Northern Californian quintet will wow the house with their unique eclectic mix. Tiki King is known as the artist who designed the Ku Tiki artwork for the Fluke ukulele and has since worked on various other designs of the Fluke as well as creating his own ukuleles from scratch.

ALSO

King Kukulele (the other King) will play the music of the islands and entertain the audience with a Polynesian serenade worthy of the evenings royal guest. Malahini Marc will be on hand to help keep the show boppin and give the audience his special brand of dry wit that they have come to know as the Malahini’s. We’ll kick off the New Year with a bang and a hoot and and a papaya to boot.

AND

The Polynesian Paradise dancers will grace the stage as Princesses sharing their love of Hula with the guests of the Tiki King and King Kukulele. They bring the magic of the islands right before your eyes, the tropic isles, a paradise. Share an evening of enchantment with the music and seductive gestures of the hypnotic Polynesian Paradise Dancers.

PLUS

The Frozen Moai of New York!! Take a DVD peek at the recent Tiki: Fire and Ice event at the Corning Museum of Glass in New York. King Kukulele will give you a tour of the tiki event which tool place while it snowed. Also get a look at some of the work being made by Firemonkey Glass (formerly known as BodhiGlass) including the life size glass shrunken head, sitting atop a 6foot walking stick!! The whole event was protected by a 10foot tall ice sculpted Moai that would shoot flames out of his head!

ALSO

Join us for this one night only event. We'll be at Tiki Taix 1911 Sunset Blvd. in Echo Park, Los Angeles 90026 One block north of the lagoon.

Thanks King! It was a lot of fun!
I just posted a blog about our adventures over the weekend...
http://www.myspace.com/idolpleasures
Cheers!
Tiki King

[ Edited by: Tiki King 2008-01-28 14:49 ]

Sorry I missed this one...but I was tired boss....dog tired.

I've been practicing a song on my uke, so I don't choke so badly next time!

Pages: 1 2 replies