Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Rockabilly Rave

Pages: 1 26 replies

Not a tiki event, but I believe King K will be there?

Anyhow, I know it's a way off, but are any of you kats and Kittens going to the Rockabilly Rave this year?

I'm planning on being there. I'm just waiting to see the lineup of bands - who's playing will determine, to some extent, whether I go as a vendor for my label/mail order (Double Crown Records) or as a spectator. Tom, one of the organizers, told me that it's going to be just about 100% rockabilly (I was hoping for a little surf/garage/lounge/exotica action, whose crowd would be a little more open to our Double Crown releases). I'm excited either way though - it'll be a blast as a spectator or as a vendor!

Sean
Double Crown Records / The Continental Magazine
http://www.dblcrown.com
http://doublecrown.blogspot.com

[ Edited by: Double Crown 2008-01-23 15:49 ]

http://www.rockabillyrave.co.uk/

Line up announced, and it looks great!
Tom's right, it is 95% Rockabilly, with some rockin blues, RnB, RnR, western swing etc

We'll be there, too.

Maybe we should organise our own lounge/exotica/surf/garage action??? We always have a cocktail party at our chalet...

Liz & Chris

On 2008-01-23 15:49, Double Crown wrote:
I'm planning on being there. I'm just waiting to see the lineup of bands - who's playing will determine, to some extent, whether I go as a vendor for my label/mail order (Double Crown Records) or as a spectator.

Oh! Just thought ... Do you mean Rockabilly Rave UK in June (we do!) or the new RR-USA (Las Vegas)in October?

You are in Bellingham WA, aren't you?

S

I want to go to the Rave in the UK!!! Not sure Id make it though. Never been, and have always wanted to go to a weekender over in Europe!!!! One of these days. I will be trying for the one in October in Vegas.

As far as I know Jerry and Tom, are organising the Rave in Vegas. If it's anything like the Uk one, it should be a blast.

On 2008-01-24 14:15, sweetpea wrote:
I want to go to the Rave in the UK!!! Not sure Id make it though. Never been, and have always wanted to go to a weekender over in Europe!!!! One of these days. I will be trying for the one in October in Vegas.

We'll come say hello to you in April at Vegas, hon! See you soon.

The Stevenson Wedding Mug by Cheekytiki, 2006

[ Edited by: 54 house of bamboo 2008-01-25 03:24 ]

S

On 2008-01-25 03:23, 54 house of bamboo wrote:

On 2008-01-24 14:15, sweetpea wrote:

We'll come say hello to you in April at Vegas, hon! See you soon.

YAY!!! Can't wait to see you!

The Stevenson Wedding Mug by Cheekytiki, 2006

[ Edited by: 54 house of bamboo 2008-01-25 03:24 ]

I meant the Las Vegas October 2008 event - seems like the lineup/details should be announced pretty soon.

Bump-titty-bump-bump

Yes will be going.. See you there.

[ Edited by: Kon-Hemsby 2008-06-17 22:53 ]

Just 3 weekends left - finally booked my room and got my tickets! Nothing like the last minute. Remember, on September 15th the tickets go up to $85!

S

do we wanna get together and have a small tiki EVENT while we are there? heehee
maybe meet up for breakfast or lunch, or jut pick a time to meet in the vendor room.
WHO's VENDING??? Maybe we could all meet at someone's booth?

S

Yes, Pea needs to get her tiki in somewhere since she'll be at all of these ROCKABILLY events and NO tiki ones....

I'm kidding Pea, you know I love you. But you SERIOUSLY need to come down to SF for the crawl. I just got my tix and I'm coming from Boston!

Suzanne

you know I wish I could.
this whole payin-the-mortgage-alone-so-I-have-to-work-seven-days-a-week crap really puts a damper on my social traveling. argh.
even skipped Indy this year. fooey.
I promise to get my planning skills back. they took a long vacation this year.

I'm so dang excited to go to the RAVE and see some folks. YAY
I wonder if Brendan's Irish pub makes good mai tais :wink:
or maybe we can get some really tasty tropical drinks at
TGIFridays... hahahahahahahha
regardless, I hope all of the TC folks can get together at some point. I am thinking of trying to get to Trader Vics, and/or Tahiti Joes. maybe we can all meet up at one of those...

I plan on bringing Mai Tai gear since I'll be driving rather than flying this time...find me and I'll make ya one. Man does not live on Pabst alone.

S

Jason,
where will you be around 4 pm on Friday?
I'll be in line to get my ticket.
Do you deliver mai tais?
I tip well...

On 2008-09-16 15:50, sweetpea wrote:
Jason,
where will you be around 4 pm on Friday?
I'll be in line to get my ticket.
Do you deliver mai tais?
I tip well...

Ha...probably still on the 15. I'm going to try to leave at noon, but then we are going to rent a car, load our crap, so on, so forth. I'm guessing we don't make it to the Orleans until 5 or 6. Don't worry..remember it's not a sprint, it's a marathon!

S

On 2008-09-16 16:17, Jason Wickedly wrote:

remember it's not a sprint, it's a marathon!

are ya kidding? next to Viva and Green Bay, this is gonna be a walk in the park...
heh

Bumped because it's coming up on Friday...

wooohoo, yay!!!
can't wait!
I'm thinking Sunday happy hour at Tahiti joes. I think it's 4-6 pm.
Anyone interested?

S

On 2008-01-23 05:32, Kon-Hemsby wrote:
Not a tiki event, but I believe King K will be there?

Anyhow, I know it's a way off, but are any of you kats and Kittens going to the Rockabilly Rave this year?

Just saw this posting.
If you see a Hawaiian shirt near a crap table that'll be me.
Mai Tai's or Pabsts are always welcome.

S

Anyone there yet??????
My Boss will be there in a couple hours...
I'm so jealous I'm still at work!!!

[ Edited by: sweetpea 2008-10-02 08:24 ]

Now I'll be lucky to be there by 10...good thing Vegas is open all night! I'm up for Tahiti Joe's on Sunday if anyone else is. See ya...back to work for a few more hours and then off to duke it out with traffic on the 91. Anyone have a Fastrak pass they wanna lend me for the weekend? :)

S

BUMP FOR This weekend!!!!
Oct 9-12 2009
whoooohoooo,
WHO IS GOING???
When are you getting there?
I get in Friday morning.
Gonna try and hit Frankies by 1or 2 pm, depending on if they
will let us check in early at the hotel.
Wheeeeeeeeee

Pages: 1 26 replies