Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Hard to find XXL HinanoTahitian Beer Tee shirt

Pages: 1 20 replies

I just listed this, and it is one of many designs I have available.
Mahalo,
Tiki Bill

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290201829068&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=019

T

This isn't tiki any more than Tahitian Vanilla is tiki.

TB,

$35 bucks for a t-shirt? Does a case of Hinano com with it?

Dude just cause were fat guys doesn't mean you hav eto put the squeeze on us.

HBF

Matt

p.s. Nothin but love!

I'm with ya Brudda Matt!

On 2008-01-26 20:37, tekoteko wrote:
This isn't tiki any more than Tahitian Vanilla is tiki.

Tekoteko,

While I agree Hinano isn't "tiki" by definition, many items and topics here aren't either. But Hinano is truly a Polynesian product, actually a Polynesian icon, which is what TC is for isn't it? Polynesian and poly pop? Please let me know if I am wrong here! Viva la Hinano!

Ia Orana, Tei hea te fare inuinura'a? Hina'aro oe e inu? Or Hello, Wheres the bar? Do you want a drink?

[ Edited by: Hinano_Paul 2008-01-26 23:34 ]

I say it is borderline, but it passes, because of this connection:

:D

I like the fact the front logo is in the middle. I wear my T-shirts under my open Aloha shirts a lot of times, which, with the back covered, and the front logo being on the side 99% of the time also covered, makes the whole logo thing kind of moot. :(

I think it's a cool shirt, and XXL is my fave size, but with that dollar amount being the opening bid....hmmm, it's a bid pricey, yes.

C

I love Hinano Beer. It tastes great, frothy and fresh. Maybe that's due to it's French heritage.

Gee, Vahines not Tiki? Git yer priorities in line, brah! Hawaii's Tahitian Village used pretty much the same cross-legged island girl for their logo back in the back.

Hinano has a great website with a nice virtual art gallery, too;

http://www.hinano.com/fenuart/galerie.php?lang=us

C

Holy Ka-Wunga! Bigbro beat me to it by 1 minute!

Ha Cammo, we posted in the same minute!
I think what tekoteko is referring to is what I just tried to explain (also mere minutes ago) in this post:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=24006&forum=1&vpost=357454

To some of us (sometimes viewed as "Tiki snobs" :) ) not everything that is "Island Lifestyle" is considered Tiki. Tiki style is a very specific pop art form, and those Hinano virtual art links for example, as lovely as they are, are not it.

Again! Stop it now :lol:

If you have to question the price , you either have never been
to Bora Bora or Morrea or you can't afford it.The beer alone is
$9.00 a six pack-great lager beer by the way.These are really
Cool tee shirts and you will have a difficult time finding this
shirt anywhere period.This paticular design is retired and is no
longer available thru any retail stores - thus very hard to find.
This french polynesia at its finest.If you have never been to
Tahiti- it should be on your bucket list of one of the places you
must go before you die.Its is simply put- spectacular!! I threw
the second largest room party in our three room suite at the
Hanalei hotel for the last Tiki Oasis- where we served Hinano
beer to many tiki philes that have never heard of or tried the
beer.Needless to say everyone loved it.So get off you tiki hi
horses and enjoy a little piece of something from the South Pacific.

Peace out,
Tiki Bill

Ha ha, true true, you have a point. When I was staying in Papeete on my way to the Marquesas, I saw quite a few very beautiful short sleeved lounge shirts (Aloha shirt style) with cool Marquesan Tiki patterns and borders, but the prices were just out of my range, 70.- to 80.- bucks like. I had to save the dough for real carvings from the Marquesas.

Wasn't trying to offend you just commenting that in my opinion $35 for a t-shirt was a little steep. Then you feel the need to presume I can't afford the shirt let alone go to Tahiti! Wow! Just for your info I went to six islands in French Polynesia including Moorea and Bora Bora, two years ago so I am well aware of the costs. Just tried to say I thought it was a little much but if you can get it good for you, just sad to think you need to attack or belittle others because they have a different view than yourself.

Please accept my apology and excuse my ignorance for assuming personal opinions were allowed TC.

I haven't been down that way...yet. But my point was that it is a cool t-shirt but $35 is too steep for most of us but if you can get it then more power to you.

The XXL ,XXXL cost more both in Tahiti, Hawaii, and the mainland.Hinano being originally
a brewery in Tahiti-french polynesia everything is more expensive there.So I can understand
why you think they are more expensive then your average say- Quicksilver, Hurley or Billabong
tee shirt.I guess they are not for everyone, but they sure are a nice looking shirt-that always
reminds you every time you wear it-how magical the Tahitain islands really are.You could say it's
the shirt that keeps on giving....... memories that is!!

Thanks for all your thoughts and input...I enjoy hearing different thoughts ,opinions and
comments from all the TCr's out there.

Mahalo,
Bill

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2008-01-27 17:00 ]

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2008-01-27 17:02 ]

C
Cammo posted on Sun, Jan 27, 2008 6:02 PM

I still say the beer tastes great. Most lagers kind of taste like they've gone to the dark side, but Hinano is crispy fresh and real thirst quenching. Yum!

Hey, if you're serving Hinano at the next Oasis, I'll trade you a mug for a beer, no problem!

Sounds good to me.I have the famous Hi Time liquor right by my house and they
sell over 500 imported beers and Hinano is one of them.I buy them all the time-
quite a good tasting beer I must say.
Cheers,
Tiki Bill

T

On a side note, I consider Tahitian vanilla to be very tiki. I store a large handful of tahitian vanilla beans I brought back from Moorea over 15 years ago, in large mason jar filled with dark rum. The "vanilla" rum extract I get from this is a secret ingredient I use in various drink and food recipes (shhh) and is far better than any vanilla extract you can buy. As you use it, you just top it up with fresh rum. I was taught this by a tahitian guide during a visit there. His Mother had a jar that she had had since before he was born. Hinano beer is also tiki in my opinion. I proudly display many things I have from Tahiti among my tiki things.

[ Edited by: Tahiki 2008-01-27 19:17 ]

On 2008-01-27 14:45, Hinano_Paul wrote:

Wasn't trying to offend you just commenting that in my opinion $35 for a t-shirt was a little steep. Then you feel the need to presume I can't afford the shirt let alone go to Tahiti!

I wear an XXL, think $35 is steep and cannot afford to go to Tahiti.

See.... my L and XL in the original design are $25.00 and much much nicer
then the shirt you have shown.This is one of the original beer label designs
that Hinano trade marked and have offered for years.
Check out the original beer label design- vivid bold colors- sweet!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290202108894&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=019

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2008-01-28 19:34 ]

Pages: 1 20 replies