Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Be a Hukilau Sarong-O-Rama model June 13th!!!

Pages: 1 11 replies

TB

Sarong-O-Rama
retro fashion show
WANTS YOU!

Last year's huge hit, the Sarong-O-Rama retro fashion show will be presented again this year Friday, June 13th, during the Hukilau held at the Yankee Clipper Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.

Our tiki Ohana is known for our distinct style and all of us has a very-special-outfit or two of which we are most proud. Here's a chance to showcase your fav tiki threads in the Sarong-O-Rama fashion show. We will be choosing eight Tiki Central-ites to model in the fashion show.

Please submit a snapshot wearing your tiki ensemble to [email protected]
(you may submit more than one outfit). Both guys and gals are encouraged to enter and diverse sizes are welcome.
Do be sure that you can meet the requirements below when entering.

Entry deadline is April 30th, 2008.

Here are the requirements

1. all models must attend a staging rehearsal at 10am, June 13th
  2. call time for fashion show is 1:30pm, June 13th & the show begins promptly at 2pm
  3. every participant will be required to sign a liability waiver

Last years show was a ton of fun and we are looking forward to you walking the catwalk with us this year.

[ Edited by: Tiki Bree 2008-01-28 07:04 ]

TB

I received a question, "Would vintage swimwear would be considered for the fashion show?" If you have a stunning vintage swimsuit that you would like to model please send a snapshot. We'd love to include retro swimwear in the show.

You guys should definitely volunteer! We had a blast doing it last year!

Plus, we got professional hair and makeup which we kept on for the parties that night!
Woohoo, fake eyelashes and all!!!!

TB

I'm excited to announce that Cosmix School of Makeup Artistry will be providing make-up artists to make up models for the Sarong-O-Rama fashion show! The stylists did a superb job last year on the makeovers for each model, and they are sure to "glam" up the show again this year.

Can't wait for this Bree!! Great news about Cosmix - they did a great job last year.

For those of you that might have missed the show, there's a great write up and PICTURES here: http://populuxebooks.com/blog/index.php/2007/08/11/hukilau_2007_sarong_o_rama_fashion_show

See everyone in June!!

Yee-Haw & Aloha,

The Hukilau

[ Edited by: tiki_kiliki 2008-03-01 06:26 ]

TB

I've been receiving questions about the breakdown of the day of the Sarong-O-Rama so here's the schedule

Friday, June 13th:

10am meet in Point Room of Yankee Clipper
Walk through blocking for the fashion show, determine line up of models.
Speed dress rehearsal with commentary (no hair or makeup for dress rehearsal)

11:30am-1:30pm hair and makeup styling in model's dressing room
(bring snacks/lunch to eat during this time slot)

1:30pm call time for show; dress in 1st outfit and line up

2pm Sarong-O-Rama begins!

It's best to bring a sandwich and beverage from the deli downstairs so you'll have food with you to eat during the breaks. We have a tight schedule to adhere to so that the Point Room will be available for Beachbum Berry's seminar that afternoon.

Please continue to submit any questions to Tiki Bree via [email protected]

........and hurry to submit your snapshots for consideration so you, too, can be a Hukilau model in the SARONG-O-RAMA!!!

TB

We are asking the models and staff that there is no alcohol consumption prior to the show or
during the show and that models & staff adhere to the schedule, I want everyone to feel confident
about their part.

Of course after the show, feel free to indulge! Beachbum Berry's seminar is a great way to celebrate!!

Looking forward to the catwalk!!

TB

With this being Hukilau's grand finale don't miss the opportunity to model in the Sarong-O-Rama! Remember, the deadline for submitting snapshots is April 30th so hurry with your submissions so you can participate in the best Hukilau ever!

TB

nine.... 9.... NINE.... days to submit your snapshot to model in the Sarong-O-Rama
we want you to strut you stuff on the exotica catwalk.

TB

I have had a couple reports of emails not getting through to the Sarong-O-Rama mailbox address at the Hukilau site. If you have submitted a photo and have not received a reply please send me a personal message here at Tiki Central. I want everyone to have an opportunity to be considered for the Sarong-O-Rama.

TB

I'm happy to announce that the American Institute of Cosmetology will be providing hairstylists for the Sarong-O-Rama . Last year's hairstyles were sensational thanks to these talented stylists, and we're looking forward to more super retro 'dos.

FIVE more days to submit your snapshot to model your fav tiki ensemble in the fashion show..........
please remember to PM me here at TC if I have not replied to your submission (still having some snafus at the [email protected] mailbox).

On 2008-02-10 10:18, KikiTiki wrote:
You guys should definitely volunteer! We had a blast doing it last year!

Plus, we got professional hair and makeup which we kept on for the parties that night!
Woohoo, fake eyelashes and all!!!!

Looking Awesome

Pages: 1 11 replies