Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Chef Shangri-La Chinese New Year Celebration

Pages: 1 5 replies

Hey Gang,
It's time again to come on out and celebrate Chinese New Year (The Year of the Rat) on Sunday February 24th, 2008 at Chef Shangri-La.
Suzie will be having food and drink specials and there will be a couple of sets featuring the Groovin' Lounge Sounds of the Astronauts Space Age Combo performing at 4:30pm and 6:30pm. This is goina' be a fun time, hope all of you Chicago area folks can make it out!
D&C

Chef Shangri-La
7930 W. 26th St (NE corner of DesPlaines & 26th St.)
North Riverside, IL 60546
708-442-7080 for Reservations

good news!!...and in addition to the new flooring, they added all new ceiling tile as well(if you haven't seen it already...looks really good.

... and if that's not all, i got screwed out of a meal last night there cause i showed up later and they were cleaning all the vent hoods for the kitchen so there was no food service (though suzy did offer me some of her rice)..i declined, but i'll be back later this week....i don't know who does the cooking on monday nights but the mongolian beef seems to be especially awesome on mondays for some reason so i always look forward to it....

see ya at the chef!!

"If you ain't laughin', -you ain't livin'!!!"

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2008-01-29 12:52 ]

Bumpity Bump!

Well the weather around here has completely sucked lately!
What better way to aleviate that "Cabin Fever", than to experience the tropical ambiance of the Chef, a couple of sets by the Astronauts Space Age Combo, and a Mai Tai or so? It's not too late to make your reservations, so call Chef Shangri-La today at 708-442-7080.
TTFN

went to chef on Saturday....new bathrooms,floor and ceiling were nice. it was our 9 month olds first visit to the chef....it had been waaaay to long. been over a year since we had been, and the Dr. fong,Singapore sling , and flaming virgin were as tasty as i had remembered them to be.....god i love the chef

..SORRY couldn't make it...i clocked 78 hours this week..came off an 18 and a half hour work day at 5 a.m. today (monday)....hope it was a good time...i'll catch it next year!!

post pics if ya got em...

"If you ain't laughin', -you ain't livin'!!!"

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2008-02-25 12:54 ]

Sorry, we didn't take any photos.
Although we didn't really see many TCer's in the crowd,the place was jam packed all the way through the second set by the Astronauts, who put on quite a performance. The band had a great time as well and expressed wanting to play the Chef again, so stay tuned......

FYI: Astronauts Space Age Combo this coming Friday 2/29 @ Sandbar---Cocktail Preachers Saturday 3/1.

Pages: 1 5 replies